3 people have started booking this hotel
SAVE US$53
Hotels.comUS$152
PricelineUS$152
StayForLongUS$186
All reviews swim club custom hotel proper hotel carpet stains highly recommend hotel berber carpet harbor view room the local farmers market staying in santa monica welcome home day shift front desk hotel exceeded my expectations close proximity to lax marina del rey squash blossoms pool area is
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed here a few times as a couple and also with our children before a flight. We live about an hour away so Hotel June is conveniently located 5 mins away from LAX. Every time we come we make it a point to eat at the Caravan Swim Club. The food here is excellent. My husband has some dietary restrictions and is vegetarian. Chef Angie has always been able to accommodate him and it is always delicious! Not to mention all the delicious and unique food already on the menu like the cauliflower nachos and the watermelon granita the oysters are served with. During our stay it was very special to have Chef Angie come meet us at our table. She made some amazing veggie tacos for him. I have had so many items on this menu that I cannot mention them all. Everything on the menu is amazing. Go see for yourself.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carly Skinner, General Manager at Hotel June, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear foodie-yes -

I love this review just as much as you love us! Chef Angie is a rising star in the culinary world, and loves to greet guests personally to see just how much they are enjoying her food. It is hard to keep her in the kitchen sometimes! We have plenty of veggie tacos (and nachos, and oysters, and more!) waiting for your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel looks cute in photos and that's about all it has going for it. Don't be fooled by the photos. When we arrived the very small pool was overrun by the loudest people I have ever heard in public. They had thrown clothing everywhere and it was impossible to use the pool. We decided to go eat since we couldn't swim, the people in the pool were so loud that we could hear them screaming and yelling all the way into the restaurant. Our first day was ruined. When we got to the room there were stains all over the floor and the windows looked like they had never been washed. Filthy. Than the next day the pool was again over run with people and people smoking even though this is a non-smoking hotel. People smoking everywhere even in the hallway. When I mentioned to the front desk that they should actually have staff around the property to see what is going on they told me they are running on a "skeleton crew". Not actually my problem if I am paying full-price to stay.... This hotel is gross. Don't stay here. Don't be fooled by the photos, they don't represent the experience.

Room tip: Don't stay here

Dear N7705CUsarahM -

I am so terribly sorry to read your stay was disturbed by those rowdy guests. Everyone is entitled to enjoy themselves, but not at the expense of others, so I apologize we failed you there. We are 100% a non-smoking hotel, and impose a $400 smoking fee when guests break the rules. Unfortunately there are those that do, and we do our best to address immediately so other guests are not disturbed.

Yes, we are actively recruiting for additional team members, however, we absolutely have a full service team here throughout the day, as well as security patrolling the floors and grounds nightly. I would love the opportunity to speak further with you about your experience, and be provided the opportunity to turn your opinions of us around. My email is carly.skinner@thehoteljune.com .. please do not hesitate to reach out at any time.

Reviewed 5 April 2021

Checked in on a prepaid reservation through booking.com.... when I checked in I was obligated to provide a credit card for $75 per night incidentals (three night reservation) yet saw a credit card hold for $732 on my card, When I got to the room I attempted to take a shower yet the hot water was not working (room 707). After waiting in line for 33 minutes at the front desk the woman (Kelly) stated the repair man would come to me room and assist me with the faulty hot water and sincerely apologized for accidentally charging my card for $732 when in fact the room was already paid for. Not sure if anyone reading this knows but there is literally nothing a "repair man" can do in room to make the water magically become hot. Lets fast forward, upon checkout I was assured that my file has bee noted and a refund would be issued as well a folio explaining the charges. Two days later and here we are. No folio, No explanation of the charges. No refund. After called for 15 minutes I finally got ahold of someone who assured me I would be taken care of....hangs up on me. I called again....and again and again.... finally getting ahold of someone who promptly. transferred me to KELLY (the woman that checked me in). She was insanely passive aggressive and said this happens when someone books with a third party and she would do what she could to rectify it. I was refunded $89 short of what I should have and at the end of the call I was eventually hung up on. Literally I am in awe with how unprofessional Kelly is and the entire administration of the Hotel June. If you want hot water and to be charged exactly what you booked, don't stay here.

Room tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank mtownsend1441
Carly Skinner, General Manager at Hotel June, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear mtownsend1441 -

Our team is more than happy to acknowledge when an error has been made and do their best to rectify it. Clearly there was an oversight with billing here, and when working with a third party sometimes a resolution takes longer than expected. I apologize for the delay, and will personally ensure you are made whole with a detailed folio as back-up.

If Kelly came across as passive aggressive, I imagine this was due to the profanity you repeatedly shouted at her over the phone. I understand a situation like this is quite frustrating, however, speaking to someone that way (especially someone trying to assist you), is not acceptable to myself nor my team.

As we have not received additional complaints regarding hot water from guests occupying that room since your departure, it seems our Engineering team was, in fact, able to address the issue. I have also followed up with them to ensure this is the case.

I apologize again for the timeliness in resolving your issue, and am happy to review further with you at any time. My email address is carly.skinner@thehoteljune.com should you wish to reach out.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2021

I have stayed at this property several times in the past before it was June Hotel and prior to the remodel of the property. It was nice then but seemed to be lacking in several areas and mainly the front desk staff...then it was hit and miss.

As a result of covid I had not been back to the property since last year.

From the moment I called to book the room, The girls at the front desk went out of their way to book me a GREAT room. I reserved with Kristen whom explained that the hotel has been remolded and I would be pleasantly surprised and would love to have me stay again. She was so sweet and exactly what she said was true. I arrived and checked in with Kelly, whom also was equally as nice and inviting. Within minutes I was in my room and very pleased. Also upon checking in, she explained the food area, pool area and asked If I wanted to book a Gym time.

Later that evening, I need something from the front desk, and another girl was there (I did not get her name) but was once again so accommodating.

The location of this hotel is perfect, close to everything, covid protected, Ralphs grocery store with a starbucks within a 5 min walking distance. The room had great decor and the bed was so comfortable. I will be staying here for many times to come

Nothing is better then to be so welcomed from a smiling, helpful inviting staff!!!!!

I wish I could give more then five stars

Robert

Room tip: My room was Great, faced the city, very very large
Date of stay: March 2021
Kelly O'Connell, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel June, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2021

Hi Robert,
Thank you so much for your glowing 5- star review of Hotel June! We were so thrilled to welcome you back to experience our complete renovation and rebranding. It is great that you enjoyed our SoCal design aesthetic, prime location and comfortable guest rooms. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am so happy we didn't miss a beat! I have passed on your very kind recognition to our Team, including Kristen, who is a true Superstar! On behalf of Hotel June, we look forward to being your new home-away-from- home!
See you soon,
Kelly

Reviewed 15 March 2021

The Hotel June is a gem. It is a place of "if you blink you could miss it". My family and I arrived at night and had a small amount of difficulty locating the front entrance. The staff was very helpful and hospitable. I called the front desk to tell them that the map says I have arrived and I see nothing. There was a valet attendant walking by and he said we just missed it. He was very friendly and had no problem answering our questions. We did pass the front entrance and once inside the hotel staff was also friendly and welcoming.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Sierrajm,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear our valet and front desk team were able to guide you to find our hidden gem! We are a tucked away oasis that almost 'transports' you out of Los Angeles. I am so glad that our colleagues provided friendly, welcoming service as we strive to do so for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!
See you soon,