“Total disappointment. ”

Sur Restaurant & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sur Restaurant & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 10,872 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Melrose Ave
Description: Sur Restaurant provides a dining oasis in West Hollywood. by combining South-European Flair, luxurious atmosphere, and friendly service. Looking to feel like you've traveled abroad without leaving the comfort of West Hollywood? Sur Restaurant, featuring Mediterranean-Californian eclectic cuisine, brings a taste of the exotic to the trendy corner of Melrose and Robertson. Sur offers guests friendly, attentive service and sumptuous international cuisine for a truly unique dining experience. Refurnished with gorgeous antiques and striking artifacts by Lisa Vanderpump Todd, a realhousewives of Beverly Hills, Sur has a very seductive vibe. Sur has comfy indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic private room.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Being a big fan of Van der Pump Rules I made a priority to get to SUR On a recent trip to Los Angeles. What a total disappointment experience was. On television the restaurant looks absolutely stunning and the service and food out of this world, in reality it could not be more opposite. I do have to say we arrived early while it was still light outside and found the restaurant to be very dirty and dingy. On the show Lisa comes across as someone who is very attention detailed and seeing the cobwebs and the lights, the stains on the chair covers dead flowers in the arrangement on the table, debris floating in our water glasses, I’m not sure this is the case.

Service was so-so and the food was total a disappointment. The presentation of the food was sub par at best, no creativity and just put on the plate. Very popular fried goat cheese was very small and quite frankly looked Ike it came out of the box. Stephanie our server was nice but not overly attentive.

A big disappointment!

3  Thank Meg E

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very mixed feelings about our meal last night, on the negative side the service was un-engaging and insincere. This carried on from the meet and greet, through the order process to when we left, which we found particularly rude as the appalling greeter asked us to wait outside as the Taxis don't come in. Food wise, we ordered the Crab and Shrimp pancakes which were tasty, if a little small. For mains, I had the duck which was good but the roast potatoes were terrible, not roast at all, hard and boiled it seemed My Girlfriend had Crispy Chicken with mashed potatoe, it was really good. We had the Vanderpump Rosé with our meal which was probably the nicest Rosé we have ever tasted.

3  Thank Nick A
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with my partner and Daughter. Was lucky enough to have a sighting of Lisa herself. The restaurant has great fun decor with lovely fresh flowers and the colours and lighting all work really well. Dinner was lovely and the service was great. I had the duck which was nice, although I have had better. My partner had the steak which he was very happy with. The calamari was really good too. A bit of an expensive night but that’s to be expected. Can get busy and I’m guessing due to the show this is the reason why. Was really dissatisfied and disappointed in two of the bathrooms, definitely not of a standard that the rest of the restaurant upheld. We found parking on the street so there was no need to valet.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I'm a fan of VPR so naturally I had to stop during my trip to LA. I couldn't make it for dinner so I was happy to see they serve brunch on the weekends. I loved the decor and the vibe of the place. Our server was very friendly and efficient, though disappointingly not on the show. Lol! My husband and I shared the avocado toast which was great and also, the protein breakfast. Can't wait to go back for dinner sometime!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Drinks were very poor and expensive. Clearly living of its name.

Service was also very poor. Will not be going back.