“No thank you”

Angelo's Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 223 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Food comes in large flavorless portions. Service is poor. Took 20 minutes to get water. Had to ask for silverware even after we received our food. Even the salsa is flavorless. The place is dirty too.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Came on a Wed night. Very busy at 630 when we arrived but less than half tables occupied by 730. Ordered nachos as a starter and then main dishes. Half an hour later when we still had no food, we asked on the status and were told everything would come out together. The server told us we should have only placed the starter order and not the rest of the order (uhm...no...any server should know how to submit starter and main orders separately) even though she asked us when we placed the starter order if there was anything else, so we gave her the main order also. The food was mostly ok. Chicken fajitas were too salty for my companion. The beef enchilada has chunks of beef (not ground beef) which was a nice surprise. Tamale was ok but with very little filling. The restaurant itself was freezing (we wore our coats the entire time). The green carpet in the dining room was stained and dirty (gross). The bathrooms were clean. I would not recommend this restaurant. We should have taken the advice of locals and gone to Stockton for Mexican food.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Had a nice lunch sitting outside at this restaurant. The food was good. Service a little slow but maybe because we were outside.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after finding out the restaurant {Fenix} is closed for lunch. The menu is big enough to give a good selection. I had Chimichangas and they were tasty. Served with rice, beens and cheese, guac, sour cream. Iced tea was fresh and good. All for $13.
Solid.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Has to be one of the most disappointing meals I've had in a long while... We've been living overseas since 2009, and when we come home to the States the one thing we always want is Mexican food. The expectations were high 1) because it's California! and 2) because the restaurant claimed to be "#1 in Lodi!" Not so much.

The restaurant was busy, lots of older couples and teenagers, and a fun decor which seemed promising. The chips and salsa were good, as was the beer selection, so we seemed to be starting strong... but that's where the positives end.

After explaining to the server that I was vegetarian, imagine my surprise what my dinner came out smothered in... gravy???? After she checked it was indeed meat gravy (really?), I was brought a sad looking gravy-free version. I could have forgiven them if the naked version tasted okay. But it didn't. My plate included a pretty foul greasy square-shaped chile relleno, bland beans wrapped in a raw flour tortilla that claimed to be a burrito, and something else beany I don't even remember. My husband's meal was equally mystifying, a combo of beef pot roast, tacos, and other items covered in gravy. I wondered if we missed the memo about the gravy, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't listed on the menu... We went to some taquerias on Cherokee Blvd the next day for lunch - yep, a much better choice.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Angelo's Restaurant? Share your experiences!