“Awesome Hawaii themed cafe, great breakfast”

Plumeria Cafe by Stacks
Ranked #15 of 166 Restaurants in Laguna Niguel
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Great news for all Stacks and Scramblers fans: We're happy to announce we are opening a new restaurant - Plumeria Café & Catering by Stacks!
Reviewed 16 January 2018

My wife and I came here for breakfast one morning. It is located in the Laguna Design Center, in front of the entrance with blue flags (there are 6 entrances to the design center!).

The cafe is Hawaiian style, and had some great, interesting choices. Some breakfast items include garlic shrimp (like you would get at the shrimp trucks in Oahu). I am partial to Loco Moco's (burger patty with rice, egg and gravy) and had that. Wonderful juicy patty, just like in Hawaii. My wife had the plumeria omelet, which had garlic shrimp. Yummy. There are also mimosas and Kona Brewing company beer.

Great, cute place. Would come back again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It was little hard to find but it's in the commercial retail building courtyard. It was little weird but great place to chill. Started with bloody marry. Then moved to salad. Everything was okay until entrees hit. Sweet kinda bland but sweet. Maybe it's just a typical hawaiian flavor. But cute place with friendly staff.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We visited on a Sunday morning and had a short wait. The food was well worth the wait. Light and airy pancakes. I have no complaints and will visit again on our next west coast visit!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Ate here a couple of times during my last trip to the area. Enjoyed both versions of the Loco Moco, the ground Chuck and Portuguese sausage. Both were excellent, the ground Chuck version was better than anything I've eaten anywhere in Hawaii. Pancakes are spot on! The girls had omelettes and Benedict plates. Everyone was satisfied with every choice. The bloody Mary is very well crafted and tasty, especially the addition of a perfectly crisped piece of bacon!!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

First off, the food is fantastic. I especially like the Hawaiian/Californian/Mexican fusion. The layout of the courtyard is relaxing in a way you just don't encounter in Orange County----I felt like I was hanging out in Del Mar or La Jolla.

The burgers are very good, the bowls are fantastic and the chilaquiles are sublime! Also the staff is great---hard working and polite.

The only knock against them that I can give is they have a lousy beer selection. Maybe with time they can carry a few local craft brewery beers. Otherwise, this is my new go-to spot for brunch or lunch.