“Don't eat here! Contamination.”
Review of Madison Square

Madison Square
Ranked #56 of 180 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We were there 2/12 in line to place an order in full view of the cook. He dipped bread with his hands into a huge 6 quart(?) vat of eggs making french toast (maybe also used for scrambeled eggs) It is at room temp by the stove and then spread raw eggs on everything he touched. A ham, some plates and the bent to the lower fridge and pulled out a raw chicken breast with those filthy hands and put it on the flat top grill. He wiped those filthy hands on the dirty towel at his waist and proceeded to plate dishes and continued to cook. He never washed his hands and everything he touched had raw egg and raw chicken on it. I told the manager, who was quite calm and reacted very little. Then we left. I couldn't find the number of the OC Health Dept. This is criminal.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We were driving the Coast highway looking for a spot to eat and saw this quirky looking garden shop cafe. Very casual, order at the counter and food is delivered to your table. I had the Huevos Rancheros, my husband ordered a chicken breast sandwich. Service was quick, staff were very friendly and brought out a chip and guacamole plate while we waited. If I lived closer I would be visiting here on a regular basis, the breakfasts alone look awesome!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We booked a hotel in Laguna Beach for one night before a conference and wanted a relaxing Monday morning breakfast. My friend recalled Madison Square and Garden Cafe from a prior visit. Given that we were on "East Coast time" (a 3-hour difference), we were there right as they opened. No lines, no waiting, and we had a delicious breakfast in basically our own private oasis with sculptures, fountains and funky yard decor. Although we were right on the PCH, the fountains buffered the traffic and the variety of trees, shrubs and fencing drowned out the noise.

I thoroughly enjoyed a California omelette while my friend ordered cinnamon french toast. Given the early hour, we lingered over my double shot mocha latte -- served in a large china mug -- waiting for the downtown shops to open. It was fun to wander around the statuary in the garden area and to check out the koi pond. You order and pay at the counter and then food is delivered to your table. Definitely check out the gift section while you're there. It was tough to tell from the street that it's a Cafe as well as a garden store, but maybe that's the appeal!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This is the worst place in Laguna Beach -we waited 90 minutes for a horrible lunch, almost missed our plane waiting had to return rental car empty paid a fortune to rental car company to fill tank rather then miss the plane.. they said 30 minutes it was 1.5 hours to get food. , owner was going around glad handing people, while his poor little server kids were trying to keep up with way too many people surely cook,, just horrible should be illegal

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We love visiting for breakfast with our chihuahuas, beautiful backyard setting, very friendly staff, great food even a beer over lunch and a nice mix of people, you will get to meet John the owner who moves around making sure everyone is happy.