“Incredible sushi!”

242 Cafe Fusion Sushi
Ranked #55 of 180 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The reviews are correct. This place is amazing. We trusted the recommendations of the staff and local diners, and we were so happy. Ended our experience with a surprising, amazing dessert: tiramisu! Don’t hesitate to go to this restaurant. The wait is worth it!!!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

242 Cafe Fusion Sushi in Laguna Beach is a truly unique and delightful experience. The Sushi Chef/Owner produces Sushi flavors and presentations that are exquisite. We ordered Sashimi, the Dragon Roll and the rice paper wrap. All amazing. We still wanted more Sashimi and asked that it be 'Chef's Selection' - that is, let the Chef pick for us. It was amazing. The last two pieces were Scallops with a combination of foam and sauces - it was stunning! I am very particular about Sushi and this place knocks it out of the park! The seating is tight, the tables are in the shape of surf boards and there is a sign in list to wait for a spot inside the door on the left. This is not a quick stop - be patient and I guarantee that the wait is well worth your time and the value is excellent.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

The sushi is really interesting, the fusion idea works well. The restaurant is a bit cramped and a touch pricy but it is different and good

Reviewed 31 October 2017

While in OC on business I walked past this tiny restaurant and saw the line and promised I'd come back. I arrived early the next day but I wasn't prepared for the creative presentation and the amazing taste the fusion brought. I've never had sushi that way. Next time I'm any where close this is a must visit restaurant. One tip, however, they don't serve soy sauce believing their sauce is delightful enough. I'm a huge fan of soy sauce and asked for it anyway.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We read the reviews before having dinner here on a Monday night.
Since we're from Hong Kong and have access to the freshest and best sashimi and sushi, we were mentally prepared to try something different. The 'No Soy Sauce provided' signs are an indication of what to expect. Don't visit expecting traditional Japanese sushi.
Chef Miki creates ceviche-style sashimi plates based on photographs she has taken.
We stuck to different types of nigiri - foam white fish, soy onion tuna, truffle scallops. The flavours were special, creative and depart from tradition. We had the sweet shrimp miso, which was creamy and tasty.
I would highly recommend trying this place at least once.