“Great spot for lunch!”

230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 182 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Located on one of the main streets in the center of Laguna, the food and service is always great. Enjoyed our lunch of crispy fish tacos and the classic burger. One of our favorite spots for a meal when we visit Laguna. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

The ultimate California beach-front experience...Our server, Kathleen, has worked at 230 Forest for 20 years. Iconic...We started off w/4 diff cocktails. Each amazing and unique. Each recommended by Kathleen. We then had 2 salads a bvb d a burrata app. Sumptuous...We then had the exquisite Ahi special, New York Strip and Scottish Salmon. Each delightful, visually beautiful and very tasty. We concluded with bread pudding and creme brulee...

We love this restaurant. Delicious food delivered seamlessly and with love...

Could not be better...

1  Thank daroldmark
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Dope, double-bomb, sick, ridiculous...not just a state of mind, but a few of the 404 other words from the Urban Dictionary to describe the food, the atmosphere...and the staff! Drove down from the Bay Area to Palm Springs...making a quick (heh) side trip (yes, WAY out of the way) to my fav restaurant in Laguna Beach 230 FA! Started with a dozen of the Pomegranate-iced Oysters on the half shell...and oops, a dozen more on their way. They are THAT good. But, EVERYTHING is good on the menu...and the drink selections are tasty! Great spot to be, lunch or dinner, on the Dalmatian of life! Huh? Just eat there!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

230 Forest Avenue is situated right in the heart of the “Laguna Village”. Had an amazing family lunch on their patio. Enjoyed people watching and some great food.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorite spots in Laguna beach. I have been to this restaurant at least ten times never ordered the same thing twice and have NEVER been disappointed. The menu has several “must haves” I love the ahi poke, Bacon wrapped halloumi, and the muscles (which I wouldn’t normally have tried- I am not much of a muscle guy but the GM Erica recommended them) were absolutely mind blowing. The menu changes seasonally but all the fish I have ever had there has been amazing. Last time I was in the restaurant I had an ahi steak that was impeccable and their steaks are also outstanding. Also, 230 boasts an excellent cocktail and wine menu. The barrel aged boulevardier is out of this world and they make a pretty mean old fashioned as well. The wine list is also excellent and always changing. Laguna can get pretty crowded so I would recommend calling ahead for a reservation or plan on grabbing a few drinks at the bar!

Cheers!