“Beautiful location and great food”

The Deck on Laguna Beach
Ranked #16 of 144 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Deck. The restaurant is right on the beach and it is an ideal place to have an early dinner and watch the sunset. Our waiter Sam was fantastic, very friendly, made some excellent recommendations and was very attentive. All in all a great experience, definitely recommended.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (521)

Reviewed 22 October 2020

We waited for 20 minutes for our table. They gave us a table in a poor location with bad smelling around. As we sat, another table ocean view came available. I asked to relocate us to that table and she refused and said based on their policy(Covid safety) they cant relocate us after we sat! Then as I was discussing the situation with the manager (he also refused to relocate us SINCE THEY ARE FOLLOWING CDC GUIDELINES), a staff came and told me they have not cleaned our table that we were sitting! Filthy restaurant with careless rude staff not in reality following Covid safety.

1  Thank Camper796657
Reviewed 15 October 2020 via mobile

Horrible management. Host is rude. I asked for the table with shade she said can’t change table because of Covid . What Covid has to do with the table that customer is requesting. . Using Covid as an excuse. I saw. Customers with no mask not saying anything to them. We have service dog. We asked for water for service dog told can’t give water because of Covid. ...Sad. This. Restaurant is using every excuse for Covid. Which has nothing to do with Covid. Horrible management. This is not first time I have this experience. I had same experience before Covid bad service . Front desk girl rude also . I told them about the horrible restaurant experience they said can’t do anything because these rules given by tie owner . I guess they don’t care about good customer service...

Reviewed 15 October 2020

Shocked that they do not have fryers and cannot offer french fries on the menu, but the burger was pretty good. The fish tacos had great reviews, but were just ok. I requested extra cilantro but they had none. Will try something different on the next visit.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank ucdavis_chick3
Reviewed 9 October 2020

It was our 36th anniversary & my wife chose The Deck as our restaurant to celebrate & it was a great choice.

We were seated along the rail & the views were stunning, beautiful sunset with crashing waves. Whitney was our server & she was excellent, very friendly, attentive & extremely helpful. We started with a specialty cocktail (Cali Cooler for my wife & I had the Kentucky Sun-Rye) & both were really good.

For dinner, we split the Tuna Poke & a wedge salad. Both of these were just great.
My wife had the Laguna Cioppino for her entre & it was delicious. The broth was rich & very flavorful, the mussels were the best I ever had. I had the Halibut & it was perfect. I really liked the corn that came with the fish. My halibut was cooked perfectly.

We had a great time & Whitney made our experience very enjoyable. she was awesome.

We have already discussed going back & I can't wait. I know what I'm going to order when we return to The Deck.

2  Thank michaelkT1957ZO