Review Highlights
First ocean dive

Davor is a consummate professional who is equal parts scuba instructor, tour guide, and... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
25murphya
via mobile
Highly recommend

My son and I had a great experience on the snorkel trip. We found the owner to be very professional... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$70.40
from US$64.11
from US$1,173.34
More Info
All reviews refresher course dive experience rental gear lobster whole process night dive san diego local conditions tank dive experienced divers la jolla shores group size an amazing guide great dive his knowledge skill level surface swim
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2021

I highly recommend San Diego Scuba Guide.
Davor was very professional and knowledgeable.
The night dive at La Jolla Shore was super nice!

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 9 February 2021

Davor is an incredible instructor. I did a refresher course with him and he made sure I felt extremely comfortable with my diving since it had been a while since I've been diving. He went through all of the skills with me and led me on a great dive. I definitely recommend for future dives!

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

Davor was a fantastic guide. I had not dived in several years and he was understanding and made me feel comfortable again in the open water. La Jolla shores was a great experience with lots of wild life. Highly recommend using San Diego Scuba Dive for your next trip!

Date of experience: December 2020
sandiegoscubaguide, Owner at San Diego Scuba Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2020

Thank you for giving us a five star review. Scuba diving is all about having fun while being safe and comfortable. We are happy we managed to achieve this during your dive. Looking forward to diving with you soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

Davor was an excellent guide with a strong understanding of the marine protected area dive protocols, changing local currents and conditions and dive site navigation around La Jolla. He recommended diving the La Shores canyon over the Cove given visibility and it was definitely a good call. Davor also communicated well and recommended changes in the dive date given a King tide and wave direction. Here is his pic & ride.

Date of experience: November 2020

Thank you for your compliments and the details about your experience. Diving conditions can be rough in La Jolla in winter time and on those days La Jolla Shores would be a better dive spot than La Jolla Cove. We always recommend to rely on an experienced local guide to make sure your dive is safe and pleasant.

Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

Davor was absolutely amazing! We were in town for our honeymoon and Davor went well above and beyond our expectations. This was my husband’s first dive after training so he was a little nervous. Davor put his mind at ease. He reminded us of a few things, explained what and how we were going to do our dive and even had a few laughs when my husband put his leg in the arm hole of his wetsuit! Davor’s pricing is great, he’s very personable and he did a great job on our video of our first dive as married couple! When my husband was too tired from the first dive to do the second one, Davor offered us several options to make sure we were satisfied customers. He was so great that we opted to get a voucher as an excuse to come back to dive with him & visit San Diego again. Thank you for a memorable trip! Definitely the best dive company I’ve worked with!

Date of experience: October 2020

Thank you for the five stars. We had a great time diving with you as well and we are looking forward to the time you come back to use that voucher. :-)