“Wish I could rate higher”
Review of Modern Nomads

Modern Nomads
Ranked #9 of 384 Restaurants in Sihanoukville
Price range: US$3 - US$40
Cuisines: Mongolian
Description: Authentic Mongolian and Siberian food in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. It's a family run restaurant and we have no fixed days off. But we need to rest sometimes, so please call us in advance to book a table.
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

This is the best meal we have had in our 5 months here. If I could give a 10 I would have. What a surprise here in Sihanoukville. To start it is ran by a husband and wife that take great pride in what they do.

The atmosphere was nice and the restaurant is very clean. The food was absolutely delicious. I had the borscht and the cabbage rolls that were terrific and my wife rang and raves about the marlin in a pot. The teas are delicious, my wife ordered the green tea with orange and it was made with a homemade tangerine jam. What an awesome drink.

We had a great conversation with the owners and they told us a lot about many of the homemade dishes.

A must try while in Sihanoukville!!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Found this eatery eventually. Following google maps. It’s a bit off the beaten track with no lighting. We arrived at 7:10 unbeknown to us it closed at 8. It’s probably more of a day restaurant. The meal portions are good lots of homemade dips and spicey sauces. The Mongolian BBQ is very good on large skewers- I felt the pork was slightly dry though. Stuffed cabbage leaves came with a home made sour cream dip. Chicken schnitzel was large came with pickled onions and a dip. I would certainly recommend the Garlic potatoes side (crispy and yummy) home made dip. I am unable to review the fish pie/pasty as it never arrived! Chef forgot to cook it. Which is why I am marking a 3. Reasonably priced, really aimed at meat eaters lots of choice.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

My wife is Russian, so naturally we wanted to see what is available in Sihanoukille when it comes to Russian food. Modern Nomads is the place to eat.
The atmosphere is very friendly and inviting, the food is delicious and home made and the price is very good.
By far one of the best restaurants we have been to in a very long time!
Thank you for the hospitality and the delicious food!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Huge variety of dishes for all the tastes. Some of the dishes may seem to be expensive but they are huge and really delicious, highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I checked the opening hours and when I arrived there was an OPEN sign in LEDs, so I pushed back the metal gate a little to go in. Sadly, there was nobody around, even though I waited a good few minutes. So the one star is for my non-experience and disappointment. I had read good reviews, so I guess I was just unlucky with my timing, maybe the owners had to pop out for an emergency.