All reviews front desk cafe next door mini mart fog horn spa shower would stay here again within walking distance small continental breakfast small inn coffee maker yogurt second floor ice machine san francisco upgraded room small refrigerator bottom floor
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited HMB and decided to stay here because we love the location to the jetty and restaurants and Miramar beach is in walking distance from the hotel.

We stayed here many years ago and was happy. There apparently have been some remodels done but I’m wondering who was in charge. The bed was too small for the platform & was incredibly uncomfortable - very crunchy poppy. The main desk literally swung back and forth as did one of the stationary table lamps. The mini table where the magazines were placed also was very wobbly and stained. The bathroom was a great size, however, the shower handle fell off in my hand when I tried to turn it on.

The air conditioner in our room did not work and wouldn’t be fixed until the next day. We had to leave the window open for cool air and the fog horn, which normally I love to hear went off every 5 seconds - I counted because I couldn’t sleep.

The carpet was stained up pretty good on the sides of the bed. The continental breakfast was a good variety - however LOOK before you eat because both little yogurts we selected were 4 days past expiration (some ppl are fine with that - I am not - with dairy).

We would stay here again if we physically checked the room FIRST before agreeing to stay because we have stayed here before and it was fine.

The front office staff are very kind and tried to help - but only so much they can really do. I would think the cleaning staff would notice these things and let management know or maintenance know.....huge but of laziness somewhere in the care of the room.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I read a few bad reviews on this place. So I was a little reserved when I decided to stay here. They were, however, the cheapest in Half Moon Bay so I went for it. The room was nice, clean, and had everything I needed. There is a fancy pants Japanese restaurant across the street, which I didn't try. More importantly there is a pizza joint within walking distance that serves decent pie. Also a "stop and rob" mini mart is close by to satisfy your candy, potato chip, Jaegermeister needs. Whatever floats your boat. The only negatives about the place are that its close to Hwy 1 which is a bit noisy. Also the shower valve is a bit touchy. It goes from lukewarm to flamethrower in with a tiny bit of adjustment. Overall I'm happy with this place.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Horrible room for an inflated price! The photos on their site are very deceiving. Our room was filthy, there was someone’s old hair scrunchy hanging on the bathroom door and the Kleenex holder was covered with visible filth. The bathroom light was repaired with tape. The furnishings were old and threadbare. The shower was broken, it dripped all night and when I attempted to use it the following morning it rattled so loudly that it actually shook the room next door! Needless to say I couldn’t take a shower and luckily was able to go down to my sisters room to shower. My sisters room was in better shape with a remodeled bathroom and newer furnishings, so although not great her room was actually ok. There were so many things wrong I can’t name them all. I did talk to the front desk about the multitude of problems encountered in the room, she said she would have management contact me regarding our dissatisfaction and terrible experience. I have not heard a thing back. We have family in half moon bay and travel there for gatherings. We will avoid this place at all costs on any future trips and suggest others beware!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Scenic142013
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The good: right next to a terrific place for breakfast, plus easy walk to the harbor which is very active and fun. Although it's right next to the highway, the noise dies down at night and we loved the foghorn sound.

The bad: don't know how old the hotel is but it's "tired". Everything seems old and worn. But, we were only there for sleeping (bed not great either and highway noise), and we enjoyed walking around plus being so close to my daughter and Half Moon Bay. It certainly seemed expensive at $150/night, but nicer hotels are $300-400/night so I guess it's just California coast.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

our honey we decided to spend on the coast and Harbor view Inn was only 1 hotel for normal price. Clean room, nice view but across the street from ocean but still very good view and can see sunset. Front desk people very nice even met Alona who is manager there very friendly and professional.Bathroom has spa shower and we were happy with our stay. Will back again

Room tip: clean and comfortable place
Date of stay: August 2017