All reviews front desk cafe next door mini mart fog horn spa shower would stay here again within walking distance small continental breakfast small inn coffee maker yogurt second floor ice machine san francisco upgraded room small refrigerator bottom floor
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Our stay was 1 week. We stayed in double beds which is located on the second floor. Room was not remodeled but clean and comfortable. View was on ocean side even of hotel across the street from beach. They have maid service every day and from desk people are so helpful 24 hrs. Everyday this hotel so busy, too much cars on parking. All restaurant near hotel walking distance. The cheapest hotel in this area . Waiting for remodeling this room and will back enjoy our time. Thank you for good customer service

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We booked a room with 2 queen beds to accommodate my husband and I and our 2 small children to attend a friends wedding.
We were very disappointed to find an outdated room, with a peeling linoleum floored bathroom, rusted broken towel holder, gas station double roll toilet paper holder and a toilet seat my husband had to fix!
Further, when I placed my sun hats on top of the dated tv/dresser cabinet, I was appalled when I pulled it down to wear it and found it full of dust! And the upholstered sitting chairs had stained seats- YUCK!
Across the street is the Oceano Hotel and Spa where our friends were staying, which is modern, clean and provides spacious 2 story suites for a fraction of the cost more, but is head and shoulders above this hotel.
It appears that the Harbor View Inn is taking advantage of the folks unable to secure a room across the street at the Oceano.
Oceano's rooms are from $259-$399 depending on the size the suite- all with full, well appointed kitchens- while the Harbor View Inn is over $200/night for a dumpy outdated dirty poorly appointed room.

Not a hard decision. Don't rent a room here!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I had been temporarily living up the street from the Harbor View Inn for about six months while my son was receiving treatment for leukemia, unfortunately, he had passed away 10 days prior and I was finishing packing our belongings and called the Harbor View Inn the afternoon of May 12th because there was a possibility that I was going to need a room for the night before driving the 1400 miles back home. The gentleman that took my information was very difficult to understand on the phone. I inquired about the need for my credit card information and asked if the card was going to be charged if I didn't end up needing the room. He said that it would not be charged after I explained that I may not need the room. Well, I ended up not needing the room and decided that since I had such a difficult time understanding the gentleman earlier, I would go by and make sure there wasn't going to be a charge on my card. The woman that came to the window told me that even though I would not be checking in, my card would still be charged because they had a 48hr cancellation policy. I explained that the gentleman on the phone earlier that afternoon did not say anything about the cancellation policy and had told me I would not be charged if I didn't use the room. When I received the charge on my card I was again disappointed and angry. When I had inquired about the price of the room on the initial call I was told a price that was $63 dollars less than what had been charged to my card. I called and asked why this was the case and was told I was charged the standard rate. I won't be going back to the Harbor View Inn and I will definitely not recommend it to anyone I know.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank cag505
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed overnight at this hotel while doing some boat shopping in the area. Nice, clean, affordable hotel - gal at the front desk was awesome and had great recommendations for local dining. Location is perfect for walking around town and checking out the harbors.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Tania M, Manager at Harbor View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this great review, and we look forward to your return someday soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

It's probably the nicest motel I've been in. I would have felt ripped off even if I paid half of what I did. The electric "fireplace" was a joke. Staff was friendly. Room was mostly clean, but there were stains in the furniture and floor. Floor was a bit dirty.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Tania M, Manager at Harbor View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at our location. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the views and our friendly service.