All reviews full kitchen bedroom suite small kitchen living area oatmeal pet fee usa today front desk staff breakfast is served two nights sweet tomatoes parking lot central location restaurants and shopping upon check ice machine free breakfast
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Our room was functional -- a one bedroom with a small kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, utensils, and counters). there's also a table that pulls out from under the desk that can serve as a kitchen/dining table for two. The pool was adequate and there was a functional free breakfast. this location is near a large medical complex.

The thermostat control dial in our room was broken, so the choices were air conditioner on the current setting (cold) or off (fan only). Exercise equipment was limited.

this is about a 1.5-2 hour drive into the main parts of Kings Canyon and Sequoia NPs.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank howard f
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are an all suite hotel and many of our guests love to prepare meals in our fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances! I'm glad to hear your room was cold during our hot summer this room now features a wall thermostat to set at your preferred temperature.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night. Front desk staff Jodi was friendly and helpful. Adela in the breakfast area kept everything well stocked and was very friendly. One star deducted due to cigarette smell in our room upon check in. Housekeeping cleared it out with a machine while we were away from our room. Parking was free and ample. Overall, we had a good stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rlm_travelers
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review! I'm so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, free parking and breakfast! We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and I'm glad our staff eliminated the issue quickly.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Selected this property based on the website imagery so shame on me. With these property types with a single bed room you normally have the bedroom separated from the living area by door, as confirmed by the pictures on the website. What we learned upon arrival is that here that qualifies as a suite. Aside from that, breakfast was good and staff attention to it was good. Location provides good access to the restaurants and shopping in this part of the city.

Room tip: A suite is like a normal room at other hotels
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank krobie815
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Yes, you are correct we are an all suite hotel. You must a reserved our Studio Suite which is over 400 square feet. Here is a more detailed description of our three different room types for your next visit! I have three different types of fabulous rooms the first is our Studio Suite it's an open floor plan with a queen bed, sofa bed and kitchen. Then our One Bedroom Suite has a queen bed and a wall separating the bedroom from the den with a sofa bed and a second flat screen television also with a kitchen. Then we have our two bedroom suite each with a queen bed and in the den a sofa bed and a kitchen.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We stay here at least once a month, maybe more due to 4 funerals in the past few months. Being a constant Gold, now Platinum member, we always get a room upgrade, but in the past few months, no. Then realized, since our last stay, we would see the same folks at breakfast, including an elderly gentleman on his scooter blocking the breakfast area, and his very loud talking daughter, always having business conversation on her phone, or passing to her Father. Not long ago many homes in Fresno built by a particular builder, had lots of black mold, making the homes uninhabitable, so many have been forced to stay here, likely getting the larger upgraded suites (don't blame them) I really wish, when I asked to be upgraded they would just tell me the truth, rather than always say, we're sold out. That just doesn't happen in Fresno every weekend! I won't be staying here for awhile until that re-homing mess is done. There are NO seats available at breakfast, they take over. They have Full kitchens, why aren't they using them? Waffles for months gets old and boring! I also woke up After the 1st night with either bedbug bites or flea bites. Now I feel itchy all over. There is a dog just a few rooms down, and we're on the 2nd floor. I don't know if they offer "pet free" rooms, but fleas do travel. I have a lovely bunch of red itchy bumps, so may be putting this place on the bedbug registry for hotels. Still have one night left. But I'm not changing rooms after lugging everything once. I think the place needs a deep cleaning, bed and furniture checks for bedbugs, (put your luggage on tables, not floor or bed) also any flea protection if that's a problem.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KerryLK
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

As soon as I spoke with you I had our pest control investigate I'm happy to say we do not have bedbugs we had a clean bill of health! Sometimes certain types of soap can cause this type of irritation.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I was very pleased with the 2 bedroom suite that I booked at TownPlace Suites in Fresno. The room was very spacious and very clean. I requested a downstairs suite to make it easier for the dogs to go out. We got a lovely room right by an exit door. Plenty of grassy areas for dogs to walk. The pet fee was a little expensive ($150 per stay) but I was specifically looking for a place that was spacious and quiet and that's exactly what we got. The breakfast was tasty- freshly prepared eggs and turkey sausage along with a variety of breads. Oatmeal was fresh as well with good toppings. The room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 pm. Front office staff was very helpful. Check in was quick, no waiting. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, especially those traveling with pets.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank elenalJ2015
Jennifer C, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your fabulous review! We appreciate you and we look forward to your return!

Warm Regards,