“Seafood is not Fresh”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blackstone & Nees
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I am astonished to see that Pismo's Coastal Grill has received so many nice reviews and strongly doubt their sources. The meal they provided to us was very bad. I think the seafood must have been previously frozen and not fresh at all. I could have given it zero star if I was able to.

1  Thank heruimath

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I had the grilled halibut with sautéed arugula and fries. The fish was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. It was fresh, fresh, fresh. The sides were also freshly cooked and really tasty. From the bar I had a Bloody Mary and it was one of the best I’ve ever had.

I’ve had many meals here, and the chef never fails to impress. The atmosphere is great, and the seating comfortable. I recommend to all my friends and family, and have never heard a bad review.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This is a very busy restaurant. Food is excellent, although I do agree with a few others on small portion on some items for price paid. We visited on a night the NCAA March Madness was on and the games were displayed throughout the restaurant which I enjoyed. Liked the atmosphere, but be prepared to wait.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first time dining here. I was hesitant after reading the reviews. OMG! I’m so glad I took a risk. It was outstanding. Place was packed and everything was still excellent. Our server was amazing. Couldn’t have been better. I highly recommend Pismo’s. A++++++

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The atmosphere was very nice and busy, the service was very good and the food was fantastic, My wife always has shrimp, fish and chips and loves it. She loves the fries and the tartar sauce as well as the coleslaw. Our friend had the fish tacos and there was not a drop left. I always get the chop salad with the Tri tip, The meat was very good but this cut was a little tough it usually cuts with a butter knife. The salad was excellent , try their bbq sauce and the dressing was great.

Been to Pismo's Coastal Grill? Share your experiences!