All reviews in n out burger room had double beds pancake machine breakfast room free night yogurt located close freeway jacuzzi rates
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms. Quiet rooms. Breakfast was one of the best hotel buffets I’ve encountered in this price range, with healthier options than most. Pool and spa are a toss from the entrance and lobby which I didn’t like so much.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

We are delighted to hear that we have a friendly and helpful staff, clean and quiet rooms and one of the best hotel breakfast buffets. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn hotels. We look forward to your next visit and hopefully by then you will see our "New Look."

Vikki Armonio
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Escondido

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

They stuck us in an ugly tiny room with dirty beds and couches. Actually pretty gross. Bad start. Very dissapointed thus far. Stay away. Motel6 is probably nicer. Very sad place. We asked for some help and they said there is nothing they can do.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recen stay with us. We apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn hotels for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I'm glad I booked only one night that was not wort my money room was really small, breakfast is cereal milk bagels etc... Not Holiday Inn hot breakfast. Hotel is completely in reconstruction, management never disclose that they are in renovations. Never trust Holiday Inn again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear karenn0411:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is not our intention to deceive our guests about our property modernization so it is posted on our website and even on confirmation letters sent to our guests so that they won't be surprised when they get to the property.

Even though we are under renovation, we still serve a complimentary hot buffet breakfast just like all of the Holiday Inn Expresses which consist of scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, veggie omelette, bacon and so much more.

We apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you. We hope that you allow us another opportunity to welcome you back especially once we are done with our renovation.

Vikki Armonio

Reviewed 26 January 2018

It's a bit unfair to review this HIE since they are undergoing a substantial renovation....sigh...I wish that this remodel was announced on the website at time I booked reservation. I noticed in faint icon/color when I was reconfirming the night before we were going to be there, a non-descript announcement of renovation in progress. We only needed a room for the night, so not a big deal.

Renovation will take a few weeks (as of January 2018) so it might be helpful for me to point out a few things:

*Lobby is in temporary location, very hard to find exterior access when you first drive to hotel (no marking on street indicating lobby "entrance" which is a non-descript door) after going through a narrow passage, entering an elevator staging area, and then rounding the corner into what was a guest room or storage area converted into temporary lobby.....better and larger font signage would really help.

*Elevator in use is very cramped. Someone in a wheelchair barely fit with one other.

*Rooms are okay. You can certainly see the need for remodel. Bathroom is cramped but bedding is nice and crisp, (4) fluffy and comfy pillows.

*This property has some rooms that are "suites'. It's nice to have separate area to have others over, watch tv, and prepare food. A suite sounds kinda fancy to me but nothing glam about the suite but worth the extra $10 a night.

*Nice in room coffee k-cup maker
*Spacious mini-refrigerator (small freezer though)
*free USA Today
*a lot of towels but no 'bath sheets"
*substantial breakfast bar (not made to order but nice choices) cold cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, cinammon rolls, biscuits, hot bacon & sausage, hot egg with veggie...my hopes soared seeing a pancake machine but it was out of order...

This is a very convenient location. Just off the freeway, a lot of places to walk a few hundred yards to eat.

Staff are friendly. Rates are lower during renovation so that's a plus.

Room tip: Suites are worth the nominal extra charge
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Greg S,

Thank you for the detailed review. We are adding more signage to help direct guests to the temporary Front Desk while the lobby is under renovation. We appreciate your stay.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

After our last hotel experience with an hig hotel I swore I'd never stay at another one of their hotels again. Fortunately for us I decided to give it another shot and use the points given for the last experience towards a free night. We stood here because it was close enough to the Safari Park. The hotel is currently under construction, but they've done a great job at making temporary adjustments. We were created by Randy, who I must say is absolutely charming. Our room had 2 double beds and was quite small -- probably the smallest room we've ever stayed in. It is a little dated, but very clean and served it's purpose well. The breakfast was relocated to a meeting room on the 2nd floor. They did an amazing job of making the space work. Breakfast was perfect! The pool is not heated, but the Jacuzzi is great! It's conveniently located close to the freeway and pretty much any store you could ever need. I would definitely return to this location. I'm very satisfied with the service they provided.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
vfarmonio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear arcadiayummypatrol,

Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again!

Hotel Management