Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$170
ExtendedStay
US$75
US$149
1,369 results
All reviewsfront desksan franciscobay bridgegas stationhilton gardenmountain vieweasy accesshotel shuttleparking feehotel restaurantconvenient locationbusiness centershort driveemery go roundking bedfree shuttlelight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife & I traveled to the East Bay to attend baseball games at the Oakland Coliseum. We've stayed at the Airport Hilton in the past, but were looking for something different. The Garden Inn turned out to be an excellent choice. Getting to and from the ballpark to the hotel by car was very easy. The room was comfortable, food and drink at the bar and restaurant were excellent, and check-in and check-out was a breeze. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks Christopher for your "Great Stay By The Bay" 5 Star Review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. What a perfect getaway for a Bay Area Ball Game at the Oakland Coliseum. I am glad that you gave us a chance instead of staying closer to the Coliseum but we are only just a few more minutes away which I feel we have so much more to offer here in Emeryville. We have so many shops, restaurants, movie theaters, etc...I believe you might have a new home and possible join all those other sports fans that stay with us for all the games.
Thanks again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Noise from the freeway and other cars/motorcycles outside is definitely an issue if you have a cheaper "mountain view" room - even on the top floor (12th). I was trying to save the company money and hoping for a Diamond upgrade to the other side. That did not work.

The room was fine. It is slightly smaller than other HGIs I have been to but this is the Bay Area! Bathroom is acceptable size with a nice tub. Can hear the low-flow toilet flush in other rooms though. Closet is a little small. The microwave/mini-frige cabinet is also a mini-version.

I would urge some caution with the USB plugs on the power strip on the desk. My Jetpack's battery somehow expanded. Not sure if it was caused by that.

The bed was very comfortable. Not a Sleep Number bed and it is a mattress on a platform.

Housekeeping and maintenance were not perfect. There were finger/nose prints on my window, hair in the faucet, elevator call button light broken, messy bathroom in the lobby and the drapes do not slide smoothly, for example.

The hotel is on the bay side of the freeway so there are not a lot of stores/restaurants next to it. Parking is not cheap ($17?) but most hotels in the area (except for the Sheraton Four Points) charge for it. The hotel has a mini-van as shuttle that runs mornings and afternoons (not mid-day) and the free Emery Go-Around seems reliable enough to take you to the MacArthur BART. So, it is doable without a car.

Service is good.

Room Tip: Mountain View rooms face the freeway.
1  Thank Want2GoHome
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks Want2GoHome for your right on review. After reading the total review I was very pleased that you scored us a 3 on your scale. I feel that with such an in-depth review you accurately described our hotel good and bad. We are a 50+ year young hotel originally built as a Holiday Inn and converted to a Hilton Garden Inn about 10 years ago. We are definitely not your typical built Hilton Garden Inn as you shared comparisons to other HGI's as we are 3 times the size with over 10,000 sq ft of meeting space. We have a great location as recognized with many options of modes of transportation including having a parking lot which charges a fee for unlimited in and out privileges if you chose to drive in. I was glad that you like our beds as well as our good service levels. Like I said for such an in-depth review for the entire experience I appreciate you detailed comments. I hope the guests that read this do as well.
Thanks again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

But if you are expecting a average room or better with a view, forget it. No recognition of Diamond or other status. Has good staff and great food. Do not plan to return. Everything was pleasant about it, except for the actual teen-tiny rooms. The best they had for me was a 5th floor (out of 13), despite my Diamond status and my preferences clearly listed in my profile, overlooking a dirty roof over the first floor and a parking lot. I advise Honors members to avoid if you are looking for upgrades or if you will be spending substantial time in your room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for your recent "Good Location & Clean" review. I was sorry to read that you didn't get your expected upgrade. We try to upgrade whenever possible but sometimes when guests pay for the upgrade its not possible to upgrade all the Diamond guests. My understanding from what I have heard, the Hilton Garden Inn's are going to have a Hilton HHonors floor in the works which would work perfect for you so that assures that your Diamond status would be recognized all the time. We are actually finishing up on installing our new roof for the entire hotel which includes the 1st floor roof as well as the 14th floor roof. Sorry that you saw some of the construction clutter from your room. It should be completed in the next week or so.
Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a good hotel, clean and well-appointed rooms. The bed was comfortable and the room coffee surprisingly good. Note that the highway is very very close and it never never quiets down, so bring earplugs if you get an optimistically named ‘mountain view’ room! There are two convenience stores close by, a nice walk to the marina in the evening and lots of shopping close by. Nice to be outside of the city but the prices are still
high for what you get.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Thanks BlodynCymraeg for your "Good Stay" review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and found the rooms well-appointed and clean. Our in-room coffee has been well received and enjoyed by most. As the hotel is always busy so is the freeway outside in fact one of the busiest freeways in the US. I also agree with you that prices are some of the highest in the land but for Bay Area prices I feel we are the most competitive just check out those prices across the Bay Bridge in "The City". Just saying. Thanks again for the "Good Stay".

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Supposedly they have this great system where you can use your phone as your room key but it does not work. When I arrived to check-in they could not find my reservation even though I had already checked in. I had to search for my confirmation number and then she said, "oh yes, they have your name spelled wrong"?? My name on my reservation and check-in was spelled right when I checked. So check-in took at least 12 minutes!! Hotel is nothing special and for $278 a very very poor value for money. Free wifi was hopeless so had to pay for it. Noisy (highway noise) and not that clean. I won't be back. By the way if you think that being a Hilton Honors member helps, it doesn't!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Thanks Anthony for your recent comments regarding your most recent stay. I feel your frustration that the digital check-in process did not work for you. Digital check-in for our Hilton HHonors members was initiated almost 2 years ago at our hotel and just this January we upgraded to where you actually bypass the whole front desk if you so desire and go directly to your room for the higher tiered HHonors members that have a smart phone and proper method of payment approved which makes the process even more expedited. For the most part it has been almost flawless on the execution which makes it even more disappointing that you were not able to enjoy this simple process which involves only a couple clicks on your phone. Hopefully you will not give up and give it another try. Thanks for sharing your challenges.
Thanks