“Clean, Tasty and Affordable”

Thai City Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Duarte
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 16 March 2018

My family and I went to Thai City for a quick lunch and found the restaurant clean, the food and service good and the price affordable. Very nice.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We went as a group for lunch and were easily accommodated in the restaurant. The lunch menu has a good selection. We choose to dine family style so we could have the opportunity to try a number of different dishes. Everything I sampled was pretty authentic Thai, and it was all quite good. My negative is that the items were not all brought out at or about the same time. Some items arrived at the table quite quickly while others arrived more than 20 minutes later. Better coordination between the kitchen and the wait staff would have been appreciated. It might have been a better experience if we had been just 2 or 4 people rather than 8, but I expect restaurants to be able to accommodate moderate size groups efficiently.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Thai City transferred under new ownership recently. The new management team wanted to revitalize an aging business and sought new high quality suppliers and set out to improve the quality and freshness of their dishes. The menu was refreshed with several new main courses and appetizers. They renovated the dining area to make it more appealing to dine in. And for the first time-- they setup an online presence making it convenient to order online. If you're privileged enough to live within three miles, they'll do home/office delivery - FOR FREE! Every dish we've tried has been tasty and satisfying. Thai City Restaurant is one of the best restaurants in the city of Duarte.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

After years passing this restaurant and every time I said we need to go here sometime. We finally went and were happy we did. The servers are very friendly and the food was good. We had the Pad Thai with shrimp which was a little different from what I am use to there were no peanuts, bean sprouts and egg however the sauce was excellent. We also had Steamed Dumplings (with Minced Chicken, Napa Cabbage, Ginger and Onion) and Red Curry with Chicken. Also very good. They have four different curries Yellow Curry (mild and sweet), Red Curry (a little spicy hot), Green Curry (even more spicy hot) and Panang Curry (the hottest) our red was so good we finished off all of the broth. It won't take us so long to go back.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I have been to this place a few times. The food is good, (not great) but not in your typical oversized restaurant portions. The service is a little slow and I am not entirely sure if the food is completely authentic. But I do like how it taste anyway.

This place is usually pretty quiet and empty whenever I go. The prices seem to be a little on the expensive side, for what you get. But there is a lot of variety to choose from. I like the cashew chicken and the sauce that comes with it.

The restrooms are outside in the back. I remember the walk to the woman's restroom has this nice serene feel.. you pass by some kind of water display. It was really nice, thought it was worth mentioning.

In the small town of Duarte, there are really not a whole lot of restaurants to choose from (that's why I always drive to other cities to eat). And the restaurants to choose from don't have too many great places... and unfortunately this restaurant is just okay... nothing really special about this place.