“Delicious meal, service great!”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Dixon
Cuisines: American
Description: Good food great service
Description: Good food great service
Reviewed 30 August 2015

My adult son and I were in the area finding an apartment for him in Davis. We stayed in Dixon because the accommodation rates are significantly lower than we could find in Davis. Denny's has been a good choice for me in Northern California over the past couple months, so we walked here from our motel.
Our server, Carol, along with two other ladies did a great job getting things to our table. The meals we had, a Meat Lover's Omelette and the Grilled Salmon Dinner were both delicious.
If you are driving through, or staying in Dixon, this is a good place for a meal.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Good food good service. The food is hot and looks good. The staff was patient with a substitution. This Denny's is right off the freeway, easy on easy off.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Trying to get a late supper (9:30PM) we walked to this Denny's from our hotel. We waited to be seated. The hostess apologized for our wait and seated us. We were given menus and waited a long time before a waitress appeared. We asked for water, but it was slow in coming with an apology. We asked for onion rings as an appetizer. The place wasn't very busy, but all around us we could hear the waitress apologizing to customers for slow service or incorrect orders. When I ordered pot roast for my meal, she asked, "And which side would you like with that" as she pointed to a list on the menu. I assumed it was included, but found out later that I'd paid an extra 99 cents for a tiny bowl of corn. We received several apologies for the speed of our service. Apologies only get you just so far before they start sounding like a poor excuse for bad service.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Visited Denny's #6979 Sunday June 28 at 12:29 PM looking for a small snack. Ordered toast for my wife and a $4 mini slam consisting of two pancakes, two eggs, and two sausage links. The two eggs would fit in a four inch circle. I joked to the waitress that I wanted hen's eggs, not sparrow eggs. She smiled vacantly. A perfect opportunity for her, if empowered to do so, to offer another egg but no soap. Later, went to men's room - not straightened up at all and the check list on the wall for employee inspections and cleaning for the day was blank. Also noticed lots of scraps of trash and bits of food on the rug on the way to the men's room. My food was fine other than the two eggs could have come from sparrows or robins. But management is sorely negligent at training employees, policing their duties, and empowering them to accommodate customers. The young lady at checkout was equally oblivious to her opportunity to make me happier. Friendly but clueless. Would not stop at this Denny's again.

Reviewed 31 March 2015 via mobile

Usually Denny's is pretty decent wherever you go, but not this one. There was only one waitress for the entire restaurant and she was arguing with the couple next to us, telling them they ordered the wrong thing! What? Service was slow and the bathroom smelled like sewer gas. Next time, we will drive to the next town for breakfast.

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!