“A very good lunch, historic building, fast friendly service, fun.”
Review of Bud's Pub & Grill

Bud's Pub & Grill
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Dixon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 January 2016

I have wanted to try this place for a few years now and always missed the opportunity. I was scheduled to be in town for a job and decided to bring along my best lunch partner, my wife, and give it a try. We were early to arrive and had a choice of breakfast or lunch. We opted for lunch and my wife had their 7 oz. burger with a salad and I had the French dip with a salad. The salad was large for a side salad and it was good. The burger is a ½ lb., had good veggies and a fresh bun, meat was tasty a bit dry for her taste but she enjoyed it. My French dip was loaded with very juicy meat and a fresh toasted French roll. I asked for the horseradish on the side and it was good and hot. We both added a pint of ice cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to wash it down I will be back as soon as I am in the area again.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

We were in the neighborhood visiting the nearby VA National Cemetery and needed a lunch spot. Bud’s was recommended with a suggestion to try the French Dip. Four of the eight people in our group ordered it. They all raved about it. My husband wants to go back and my mother-in-law said it was the most tender beef she had ever had. The Beef Dip gets a 5! The rest of the lunches were just ok. The hamburgers got a 3.5. My Chinese Chicken salad was a 3. I had the dressing on the side and the small container was ½ filled with large granules that turned out to be sugar and salt. The dressing was definitely not mixed correctly. Service was acceptable.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Great place to take family for reasonably quiet lunch or dinner. We ate in the dining room outside of the bar. I have never found the bar to be too loud. Service is good. Food is outstanding. There is a full bar available. There are some excellent specials the staff will tell you about. 3 were in our party, all enjoyed a great meal.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Nice clean big place in Dixon. There for a funeral and wanted to go someplace to visit with some family. Everyone was happy with there meal. Cajun shrimp salad, burgers, Cesar salads. All very good. Interesting decor.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Bud's is a great place to grab lunch. Their staple is the giant hamburger, served many different ways, but my favorite dish is the yummy BLT. The bacon is thick and plentiful and the sandwich is prepared just right. My sister gets the fries, but I opt for the potato salad which is homemade and delicious. They also have a large variety of salads. Prices are very reasonable.

I love the building itself - with the antiques and the restored brick walls, I am constantly looking around at all the stuff.

1  Thank Tracy V

Been to Bud's Pub & Grill? Share your experiences!