Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$144
PricelineUS$144
Hotels.comUS$144
DanaPointMarinaUS$144
TravelocityUS$144
CheapTicketsUS$144
All reviews great location within walking distance baby beach catalina express yogurt catalina island doheny beach the ritz kitchenette ohana
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2021

We had a good stay, it was fine, but I would not stay here again. The rooms were just not very nice. They were cleaned well by staff, but there were cracks and rust in the tile, dirty hallway windows, etc, that just made it feel dirty. The worst part was the way the sink and tub would not drain when you were using them, and would fill with dirty water, it was gross. They ran out of towels one night, so we couldn't get more until the next morning. The walls were thin and we could hear the man in the next room snoring, we were worried it would keep us up, but the air conditioner sound drowned him out. There's no safe in the room which I wasn't happy about. The beds were comfortable, which was a plus. The lobby was clean. Another guest was complaining that they had laundry stolen from the laundry room, so I chose not to do laundry there. We stayed there because of the free breakfast, but the breakfast was very disappointing, we didn't even eat, so that was unfortunate. The staff member serving breakfast was a little rude, the eggs were not good they tasted odd, they had cereal but ran out of milk, were out of bagels, and while they had good looking waffles, they had only syrup for toppings. They could have jazzed it up with some more creative toppings like powdered sugar or chocolate chips for more bang for their buck. The first employee we dealt with at the front desk was outstanding, the second just average and not very helpful, but not bad. Overall we didn't feel the need to check out early, but also would not recommend it and would not stay there again. The location was desirable though, hopefully at some point they'll fix up the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank vacationchs
Reviewed 4 June 2021

The good:

Location.
Most of the employees at the Inn were very nice.
Free breakfast, great coffee.

The Bad:

Filthy dirty hotel, I can't believe the owners allow this hotel to be so dirty. I have never seen a hotel in this condition, horrible. It is run down and needs a complete renovation or should be demolished. I stayed in room 218, nice and quiet, but discussing, dirty, filthy, cigarette burns all over the carpet, carpet stains on every inch of the room. There was left over soap in the shower, from who knows when. The bed was like a brick. No pen of paper in the room. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture, do not stay in this place if you value your health.

Room tip: Do not stay in room 218
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank Mrmaxx
Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

We have stayed here several times over the years. Just recently we came for a short 2 night stay. As always customer service was very good. We always book a room with a harbor view. It’s nice the rooms have a balcony so you can sit and enjoy the beautiful weather and the view. The pool and spa were open but unfortunately, the spa was packed. 5 adults and 6 little kids. I went and asked at the front desk about kids in the hot tub plus instructions given at check in said only 4 ppl at a time . I was told that they don’t really enforce it and to come back at night when the kids were sleeping. I wasn’t too happy about that. Also I informed them that ppl were vaping in the pool area and again apparently that’s acceptable. So needless to say we didn’t use the hot tub. Parents here’s some advice ...kids don’t belong in hot tubs !! The room was clean and the bedding and linens were comfortable. The AC in our room was awful though. Way too loud so it was nice to leave the slider open for a breeze. We’re sad to hear that in a couple of years they will tear it down and replace with I’m sure a more expensive hotel that charges resort fees and parking etc . This is just a quaint little hotel that may not be fancy but it’s clean and great location and great staff .

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antoniaswan
Wendy C, Innkeeper at Dana Point Marina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

Hello Antoniaswan:

Thank you for your 5 star review!

We're sorry that the pool area was a trouble spot for you along with the air conditioner in your room.

It'll be great when you return so you can have another fantastic stay with us!

Reviewed 16 December 2020

Our stay was very nice! The check in staff was outstanding! She made us feel welcomed and was so nice to speak to! The location of the hotel was right on the marina and our room on the 3 floor overlooked the boats and water! The room itself was very clean. I would say though that it due for an update/renovation! Outside of that, we enjoyed our stay!

Room tip: Try to get a marina view room on the 3'rd floor!
Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank GunnerNate
Wendy C, Innkeeper at Dana Point Marina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate & review our property. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

I am irritated from our recent stay. The location could not have been any more perfect, but the service was less than mediocre. Twice there were no towels for us when we were using the pool, so we had to drip dry. Then, one morning we did not have any food for breakfast... nothing! We asked the staff what we were supposed to do, and she said she had no clue that we should go ask the manager. The other mornings for breakfast, we were told we needed to warm up our oatmeal in our microwave, but… we didn’t have a microwave. Then the other mornings there weren’t spoons available for the yogurt and oatmeal. What’s the point of having oatmeal and yogurt without a spoon? I paid for a hotel with breakfast, a pool with towels and service when needed. Based on the low reviews, I didn’t expect the service to be outstanding, but I still expected what I paid for... food, towels and utensils for the food. Upon check out, the woman who asked me how my stay was, she was wonderful. However, There is no real customer satisfaction other than apologizing and telling me that is not the service I should have received. She then did inform me that you can use forks for your oatmeal And yogurt.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 1kristinaf

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the service you received during your stay. It has all been addressed with our staff. We are hoping you give us another change in the future.