Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience

We had an awesome experience with our tour guide Dal. Thanks to her and our driver Janilo... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
ezgia510
Amazing experience

Janilo and Princess were great guides! Great experience. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from $96.00
from $133.34
from $120.00
More Info
All reviews light breakfast tumalog falls whale sharks cebu city scuba diving bucket list driver company waterfall moalboal shore
Selected filters
Reviewed August 18, 2019

My friend and I went to Cebu in July and we did the Whaleshark and Kawasan Waterfall tour. Our driver Elmer picked us up and spent the whole day with us driving us from place to place. He was amazing and we wish him the very best. Our tour guide Ada was also incredibly helpful and helped look after our stuff while we were swimming around in the waterfall. I forgot the name of one more waterfall we went to but we hired Roger to lead us through the waterfall and he also looked after our things. The experience is only as great as the people around you and I felt that Elmer, Ada and Roger really made this experience great. The tour also included breakfast with coffee/tea as well as a lunch with water or a soft drink. Worth the money but a bit $$$ on a student budget cause you also wanted to provide tips as an added thank you.

We wish them all the very best.

Date of experience: July 2019
3  Thank ccurtiss95
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

This is a must do. It’s a busy event as there are many other on the same mission but while it look like chaos when you arrive, it’s actually very well organised.

It’s safe as they only eat mosquitoe size sea life or really annoying people. They swim past very close so its mind blowing.

Best to arrange the trip through your accommodation or tour organisation. For a dollar or two extra, they’ll hand hold you through each step like getting there, finding your boat, minding your gear, waiting for you, pickup once finished, finding a restaurant for breakfast when you return, link to the Sumilon Island trip (worthwhile) and transfer back to your hotel.

If you’re inexperienced with snorkeling, maybe try to practice a day or 2 before in a pool. You can also comfortably hang onto the boat outrigger and still see the Whale Sharks up close while holding on, so everyone can enjoy this activity.

They all provide decent goggles and snorkel, and life jackets which you can choose to ditch if you’re a competent swimmer.

You can rent a GoPro at the take off point for 500p and buy those smartphone waterproof cases cheap. I’m glad we got the GoPro because my iPhone didn’t really work well once underwater. They’re useful to keep your phone safe on the boat.

I’d also recommend you have yr drive mind your gear as the boats are wet and you only need your swim gear.

There are also a bunch of cafe/ restaurants on location to enjoy a fresh juice or breakfast on your return.

It’s only 200m offshore so it’s not a long trip.

Most go very early in the morning. If you go before 8:30am, please don’t apply sun screen as it’s not good for the aquatic life and not necessary.

There are also a bunch if souvenir shops at the port. Some change money at a slightly lower rate. Note ATMs are rare down south and money changer are frequently offline, so load up before heading down.

My view only, 20p to 50p tips (40 Cents -$1) are appreciated though not required. The local wages are very low.

I’d also recommend to do the add on trip to Sumilon island which is only a few minutes boat ride to enjoy 1-4+ hours swimming and relaxing in pristine waters. Note you need to take your own water and snacks. You can rent dive gear but that s all. It about 10minutes further south from the Whale Sharks.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank ScambusterSZ
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

Booked the whale shark experience and Sumilon Island day trip. Was glad to be picked up early at 3:30am to beat any crowds. I think going on a Wednesday helped also. Juan was our driver and he was really good. The van was very nice and plenty of room for the kids to sleep on the way there and back. We met up with guide Jean at the breakfast while someone else waited in line and got our number for the whale sharks. Jean immediately put us at ease. Super sweet and friendly! We ate some of the nice local breakfast and some of the packed breakfasts from the hotel. Jean shared that our number was coming up so we took a short drive and walk to the water for the safety briefing. We didn’t wait long at all when our boat was ready. I wished I wore better water shoes as you have to walk on rocks to get into the little boat, but did ok. We only had to go out on the boat a short distance and then we could enter the water and stay near the boat while watching the whale sharks. It was totally surreal! The sharks are beautiful and gentle. I felt the time in the water with them was sufficient for us. When we got our Jean was right there to help with the kids and show us the small showers for a little rinse, then towels. We actually managed to catch the 8am ferry to the island because everything went so efficiently!!! The island resort pool and facilities were nice. Wish I would have known it was a pure coral beach. Difficult to get in and out to snorkel without better water shoes and kids couldn’t play at the beach. They enjoyed the pool, hammocks, and shell hunting. Snorkeling was nice but I saw quite a few jelly fish and that made me nervous so I didn’t stay out long. The lunch buffet was fantastic!!!! Because of our early arrival we left the island at 1:30pm and with the drive and some traffic we arrived back around 6pm I think. The only other thing I wished I had known (maybe I missed it) is that the half balance due on the day of the activity needed to be paid in cash, so we ended up not having enough cash left to tip Juan and Jean, when they were so nice. Thank you again for such a pleasant and memorable experience!

Date of experience: July 2019
3  Thank Z1315BDdebbieh
Reviewed June 11, 2019

The service they provided was excellent and thorough, the attractions were organized perfectly as per our request, although we found out that perhaps it would be better for travelers to have the Tour organize the itinerary because since we chose our trips by ourselves, they weren't as effective as we would have hoped (this is nothing against the tour). The drivers were always on time and the cars were perfect but the drivers do sometimes drive quite recklessly although I suspect this is more of a culture difference than anything.

Overall, a marvelous experience that I would definitely recommend.

Date of experience: June 2019
4  Thank Ferdinand W
Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

We went for the Oslob Whale Shark + Tumalog Falls + Kawasan Canyoneering trip. The driver appeared at hotel lobby before 3.30am. We arrived at Oslob, there was a mango sticky rice breakfast for us. The driver and tour guide are friendly and manage out trip very well. We arrived at hotel at 7.30pm and was tired. But we really had fun in the day trip.

Date of experience: May 2019