“Outstanding Thai ”

Thai Village
Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Carmel Valley
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Yellow curry was like velvet. Vegetables extremely fresh. Noodles outstanding. Cooked fresh to order. Definitely go.

1  Thank ShRadMd

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Sitting outside on the patio enjoying the sunny day and view of mountains was lovely. Everything here is cooked fresh. Because of this, I heard it was a bit slow on service. We were the first customers to arrive for lunch and service was prompt and efficient. I had the yellow curry for lunch and requested non spicy and it arrived just right and was very good. The Thai ice tea is delicious. My friend had the Tom Ka with tofu and said it was delicious also.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Excellent Thom Yum soup. Red curry a bit sweet for my taste, but unfortunately they have adopted the American style of making portions far too large so having had my soup I could only manage about half the main course. Such a shame. So unlike Thailand!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We ordered Pad Thai and waited a long time. It was average, not something to write home about but not horrible, either. The restaurant is very small and not as clean as I would have hoped. There was dust on the tables and some of the glasses were not clean. I wouldn't go out of your way to go here but if you are in the village and wanting something other than the traditional fare, it could scratch that itch!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My sons and I came for dinner last week about 8:30. I was aware the restaurant closed at 9:00. I asked the waitress if it we could be served and she said it was fine. We ordered soup and egg rolls as an appetizer and they came within 10 minutes. Both were pretty good. It was after 9:00 and the woman said she ran out of chicken. We said it was fine. We got beef. We had previously ordered extra rice, she said they were out of that too. No apology or didn't offer to comp dessert. The entrees were not good nor was the customer service. The waitress was an older Thai woman who owned the place. Prices high as well. Please look around. They are several other better Thai restaurants in the area!

1  Thank donovantravelers