“A Must Go Try For Yourself!”

Baja Cantina & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Baja Cantina & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 152 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley Greens Drive
Transit: Monterey-Salinas Transit stops at Valley Hills Center.
Reviewed 15 May 2018

My husband and I visited Baja Restaurant in May 2017. We were newly weds, we got married on May 5 and wanted to try a nice Mexican Restaurant in Carmel. Well let me tell you this is the place to go. Awesome Staff very attentive and professional. Food was delicious and savory. Place is very clean and the atmosphere is welcoming. This last May 2018 we had to return to Fresno so had to cut our trip short otherwise we could've gone there again, but definitely will visit Carmel again and we will definitely go eat there.

1  Thank Annabella517

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Good food in a nice setting, more fun than elegant. Service tends to be slow but they give you an ample supply of chips and salsa. Good drink selection especially of Tequila. Plan to return

Reviewed 5 May 2018

The first time we drove down the Carmel Valley Road looking for the Baja Cantina we were convinced we were on the wrong road, but we came to it eventually. On Thursday evenings (from May through the summer) they hold classic car meets. There is usually live music too and the place can get very busy. The food (as the name suggests) is Mexican (fajitas, burritos etc) but the whole place is a mecca to motorsport, with licence tags, paintings, old petrol pumps...and the cars.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I took my parents there from out of town.
Service: plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. Lots of friendly staff to get you a table and get your drinks/foods.
Food: my parents had two different types of burritos. They really enjoyed the food and was good quality. Also the burritos were huge. I had the special which on Monday is Ribs and BBQ Chicken. It was amazing. The ribs were so good that I will definitely come back on a Monday night in The future.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a lively place to eart, drink and sit back on a lazy sunny afternoon. This is it!
Huge variety of delicious, generous plates of food, large drinks, outdoor (and indoor for rainy/cold days) fireplaces, comfy lounge area and chairs. Belly up to the rustic in the round bar and meet the locals. I love this very lively restaurant, located a few miles off the beaten tourist track on Carmel Valley Road. Even a good spot for kids with the huge outdoor deck.