Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$134
PricelineUS$134
FindHotelUS$134
Expedia.comUS$134
HurbUS$134
eDreamsUS$134
All reviews a great stay living room hotel room laundromat units
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2020

Even during COVID-19 -- Marriott Residence Inn was a great stay! I always prefer to stay at Marriott Residence Inn when I travel -- because these rooms are "mini condos" with bed, kitchen, living room, and laundromat.

This stay was different -- I just wanted to have some quiet time from family during COVID-19. I'm on Weight Watchers -- so being able to bring + cook my own food worked for me when I didn't go out to eat. I was fortunate to get a room on the end -- so it was quiet which I liked. Usually this hotel room has plates, pots, pans, utensils -- all that you need in a kitchen -- but it was all taken out. I was glad to use my own plates, pans + utensils. Better safe. If I needed anything - hotel staff was just a phone call away.

The hardest part was parking -- it was packed because we couldn't go anywhere during COVID-19 shutdown, even beaches were closed.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 9 August 2020

This hotel has staff who hate their job. When we moved in, I called the front desk at dinner time because the microwave was broken. I got a sarcastic response “You checked in a long time ago. You just now found out?” I answered that yes it’s dinner time so I did find out just now. A couple of nights later, there was a very loud, broken air conditioner on the ground outside our window. It was literally so loud you couldn’t hear conversation above it. I cal led and told the front desk about it, and she said in a totally sarcastic tone “you’re on the second floor. There is nothing outside your window.” She didn’t follow up or do anything about it, so it went on all night. How does someone like this still have a job, Marriott?

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
T M, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2020

Good evening MarkitSanjose,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've describe as it is not typical of the service standard we require. Please rest assured that we will be using this incident as a teaching method for our entire front office. Our management team will be investigating to find more about the issue as well. Thank you for taking the time share your valuable feedback with us and please don't hesitate to reach out anytime should you have any further questions.

Have a great week, stay safe, and stay healthy.

Reviewed 31 May 2020

Both times we stayed here there were parties going on. There is a constant flow of partyers most of them looking pretty shady coming and going hogging all the parking and sitting in their cars idling and blocking you if you try to get out with your car. They are constantly loitering often in small group the back of the hotel so avoid that area for certain. Although they do have parties at the front area just as well.

I read about these parties in another review and wish I had listened attentively. Many of these people parting look well under age and are coming in with coolers no doubt loaded with booze. For the most part they don't even try to sneak around and it is obvious that management is doing nothing to break up these parties.

This Residence Inn has a completely unsafe feeling with a bunch of shady looking characters slinking around and avoiding eye contact. Perhaps the front desk should get off their butt and check their hotel at a minimum of an hourly basis. I would advise having more than one person work on Saturday nights for absolute certain. How are they getting away with these parties during a pandemic anyhow?
You cannot make me believe the front desk has not noticed totally packed parking Saturday nights and I doubt the hotel is full whatsoever. People simply are not traveling.

Or maybe they need to hire some security here. That would probably be the best bet and make sure they're strong characters to confront these creepy people.

Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank LightTraveler7
Residence Inn San Jose-Campbell, Owner at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2020

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback about your past stay. Please know, this has been shared with the hotel staff in order to improve the operations of our hotel. We would love the opportunity to further speak about your past experience in an effort to restore your confidence in the Residence Inn San Jose Campbell.

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

I would stay away from this property. It is absolutely dirty. Never been to a Marriott property this awful. Door won’t open. You have to kick it. Closet has so much dust, used bed for keeping duffle bag. Front desk team is good. Stay away from this property

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SKU1970
RI_SanJoseCampbell, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2020

Hello, we are sorry to hear about the following issues you experienced during your stay. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent these issues from occurring in the future. Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 408-559-1551. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Residence Inn San Jose Campbell.

Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

I stayed here after a previous Marriott reservation at a nearby hotel was not honored. I literally made a reservation in five minutes and had a great room for relatively good price. The room was a bi-level two bedroom unit that was modern and very comfortable. The property looks like a converted apartment complex but inside its quite nice and convenient to many of the SJ area businesses which is what I needed. Staff was very kind and accommodating due to my last minute request. My only gripe is that parking is sometimes difficult to get when the place gets full so get back and claim your spot early. Overall, thanks so much Residence Inn San Jose Campbell for saving me from another hotels failure to honor my reservation. I owe you all !

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank pennccrn
Navigate63487512792, Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2019

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at the Residence Inn San Jose Campbell.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn San Jose Campbell and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Campbell.

Tia Moody