“Great for a few drinks”
Review of Barrel House

Barrel House
Ranked #74 of 193 Restaurants in Burlingame
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Nice unassuming bar with an outdoor area out the back. Chairs at the bar and tables for two along the wall inside.
Nice relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff.
No menu, but you can order from the pizza place next door.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We liked our service and drinks. The Bartender and barback were great and we had the appetizer platter which was good. The reason I took off two stars is that 15 minutes till closing we got our final call and some guy I don’t know if he was a manager or owner But Very Rude. He hurried us up and told us if we didn’t finish our drinks he would take them away. Why do they sell you last call if they are rushing and even wanting to take away your drinks???? Honestly all was going well until this inept guy started to scream at everyone instead of going to each table and telling us. No manners what so ever.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Nice intimate bar, very good drink choices. Friendly staff, sport on TV. Good variety of well priced bar snacks. Recommend!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Love this place, our first stop for a cocktail and some good food!
Especially the service is great and makes you wanna come back!
The best Bar in town!

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I will have to admit this was probably my favorite stop of my Saturday afternoon. From the outside it looks very plain & it's easy to just walk right by, but do go in! The inside is very warm and inviting. The staff is very friendly and will answer any questions in detail. I had just watched the Kentucky Derby at a nearby place for late brunch and was waiting for this place to open for the evening. I arrived a bit after 4 and had no trouble getting a seat at the bar. There are booths lining the wall opposite the bar and a few tables too. Out the back door is an outside seating area that is shared with a much larger and louder restaurant/bar. For mellow times or conversation, I would stay inside.

The menu has lots of specialty cocktails, liquors and beers. The selection is quite impressive. I started with the Hibiscus Margarita which was my favorite. It was served on the rocks and was a bright reddish pink and tasted fab! I then had a Tanqueray and tonic while I contemplated having an El Porteño empanada. Haha, of course I had to try one, at $6 each they are a steal! They are huge and I've been to Argentina and I will tell you these taste EXACTLY like what you get down there. I had the most traditional beef variety (with hard boiled egg, green olives & raisins), and I so wanted to try another but I was just too full. An excuse to come back! My last cocktail was the Pisco Sour. Another gem, but I liked my first one a tad more. Sadly I had other commitments and I couldn't stay any longer and by the time I left around 6pm the place was getting pretty packed.

They do take credit cards with a $20 minimum (I was reminded of this 2 times)...so do bring cash if just stopping by for one bevvie, or you could get 4 empanadas and have food for a week! Have a chill time at this great place in the heart of Burlingame.