“Taste o my childhood”

Hanul Pastravarului
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Pojorata
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

Me and a friend went on a day trip around the area and this place was where we decided to eat. The food is excellent and they provide outdoor seating which is perfect for this time period. The trout reminds me of how i used to eat trout when I was a small boy (the fried trout is the way it's supposed to be done), i had the trout in sour cream also which is really heavy but tasty and my friend had the trout Romanian borș. We ended up having deserts, pancakes tasted like pancakes and but the apple cake was fenomenal and tasted like the Bucovina area. All in all it is a must go to, me and my friend went in the morning and the service was decent. They have a wide selection of drinks and they even have vegan options and non fish alternatives.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

We had a pleasant meal and enjoyed the view before driving on Transrarau road. I'll come back when nearby.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

I recommend this place if you want to eat a fresh fish (trout): that is raised by the restaurant in their yard. It was the best I ever served. Very tasty and fast served.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Together with some friends visiting Bucovina, we decided yesterday to have dinner in this restaurant after seeing some very nice reviews. Not a very good idea and this is mostly because of the staff attitude. It is not important that when we arrived - about 7.30 pm the waitress told us first thing they would close at 9 pm but after we sit at a table nobody asked us anything for about 20 min, we had to self-find the menus to chose what to eat. Afterwords, a very young man came and took the order. He was full of common sense and tried to be professional and kind, but he explained he had the job for only 3 days, so he is fresh in the business. Therefore he could not help in anyway when we chosed the food and the wine, but his endeavours were very obvious. But could not help much. The fish was good but we were astonished the staff forced us out on the ground that they close at 9pm. It never happened in my life to be treated like this in a restaurant, when they turned off all the lights the moment we stand and left the place. Very unpolite and unfriendly, so I will not go there again and recommand you the same.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 23 July 2019 via mobile

We lats visited the restaurant, with family, for lunch. I was really impressed with their renovations and extension and the food was delicious. They don’t have a large variety of dishes but what they have is very tasty. It is a treat for the people that love trout. I highly recommend the trout borsch, the fried trout with polenta as well as both of their desserts: the pancakes and the traditional donuts(papanasi). But to be honest everything I ate there at one time or another was delicious. And a plus also to the chefs for the speed of preparation as well as to our waiter for the quick delivery and nice atmosphere.

Date of visit: July 2019