“Over Priced Drinks”

The Old Barn Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Wadenhoe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an old grade 2 listed barn conversion and offer a large range of homemade food from breakfasts to light snacks or lunch and afternoon tea. We pride ourselves on offering people with allergies including gluten free cakes, soups, and gluten-free sandwiches.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Old Barn is in a lovely setting in Wadenhoe. The food I find is a little over priced compared to other tea rooms but it is good so do not mind paying a supplement. What I object to is being charged £2.50 for a can of coke that is brought from a multipack as clearly stated on the can that we were provided with after I complained as the glass did not even contain the full can. They objected that it did but when I tested this with the can that they did give to us (first cokes served were just in the glass and we were not given the can) and I was correct. They did give us an extra can and then only charged us for one can. But £5 for 2 cans of coke is extortionate and as I say brought from supermarket multi packs. Please Old Barn do not too off your customers. I appreciate you need to make a profit but that is a huge mark up.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fancied a lazy lunch so jumped in the car and popped to The Old Barn Wadenhoe .. Only to be greeted with the most amazing display of home made cakes.. it was just as I’d expected.. Friendly , smiley , happy staff a real family atmosphere, was like everybody knew each other , even the diners. I was naughty and opted for one of the homemade pies, the pasty was divine and the filling didn’t seem to end.. don’t think I’m going to have room for cake. Considering how busy it was we were sat quite promptly and didn’t seem wait too long for our food.. eyes bigger than my belly.. didn’t finish it all.. Defiantly taking some cake home..
fab, friendly and quaint.. looking forward to the next lazy lunch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My book society visited 'The Old Barn' following the formal part of the meeting. From initial booking right through to final departure our whole experience was 'hasstle free'. The food was wonderful, served in a most friendly, relaxing atmosphere. The staff were all friendly and helpful, With nearly 50 sitting down for lunch, nothing was too much trouble, dietary requirements, wheelchairs, and immobile guests were all addressed with a smile.. It made for an excellent experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having been recommended by a friend I met a colleague at the Old Barn for a brief meeting. We both ordered the soup and I ordered a cheese scone rather than bread. The soup was frankly awful. Thin, watery and flavourless - it was supposed to be butternut squash! My scone was inedible as it was raw in the middle. The fruit tea, however, was delicious! Service was great and when I mentioned that the scone was inedible the young man at the till just smiled sweetly and took our money! Not sure that I will return although the location is perfect and I would like to try their afternoon tea.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Just popped in for a cup of tea, but was delighted with such a wide selection of interesting and tasty homemade cakes such as Chocolate and Guinness! Banana Milkshake! Really recommend a visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank Anna M