“Not your normal Cracker Barrel”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in West Memphis
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

OK, so it is Cracker Barrel. The Wal-Mart of chain, sit-down restaurants. You know what you're getting before you get there. Nothing gourmet or knock-your-socks-off - but good food, good service, etc.

Welp.

This was not what we expected. Checked in to be seated an hour and a half before closing to be told, "Not sure how long it will be - some of our servers just got off." Wasn't too bad - seated in 20 minutes in a practically empty restaurant.

But then. One server who took our drink order twice. A second server who tried to take our drink order (not knowing about the first guy). (And, did I mention the restaurant was practically empty?). Took our food order and then disappeared for 15-20 minutes. Literally.

When the food came out, a couple of side items were missing and one person's whole meal. It happens - not a huge deal. Another 15 minutes to bring the other meal out. Got all but one of the sides. Finally got "a" side (but not the right one).

Then (my favorite part) - after this comedy of errors, my man brings the check on the heels of the last side item, leaves it, and is never heard from again. No drink refills and certainly never checked to see if we needed anything. The food was so terrible, most of us didn't finish our meal.

We paid the full price for everything and left. I'm glad this wasn't my first ever CB experience - it would definitely do it for me. Not sure how they are open.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (293)

Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

When will things get back to normal?
This restaurant is judged by availability of food.
If you are specialists in breakfast, you need to be open when normal traveling people eat breakfast.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

It’s Thursday and I really wanted Turkey and dressing and sweet potatoes casserole. I read some of the negative reviews but I just couldn’t accept the fact that there might be a Cracker Barrel out there that couldn’t pass muster. (Why do I even read reviews of I’m not gonna need the warnings.....?) Lesson learned. First it’s a pain in the butt to get to be iSe I’d construction. I could live with that but the rest of the experience was bad, too. We stood at the hospitality desk for 5 minutes without even being acknowledged and when a lady with an apron came out of the restroom
No asked if she was the hostess. “Sure not”, she replied and kept on walking. FinAlly someone came out. You could hear the kitchen ringing with voices and laughter but no waiter. We waited to long for a drink order but when he came we ordered everything we thought we might want fearing we wouldn’t see him again for 20 minutes. The corn muffins were heated over and the sweet potatoes were barely warm.
As for cleanliness. Dirty floors and just generally unkept. They barely had customers because of Covid and construction and they still couldn’t stay at their post, give timely service or keep the place clean like I said....”lesson learned”

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 8 November 2020

We have been to many Cracker Barrels over the years in our travels and this was our worst experience. We had a party of ten and the hostess seemed clueless as to how to seat us together, telling us their was no table for ten, even though the place was half empty. She seated us at two seperate tables, too far apart for conversation. Why couldn't two tables have been pushed together? We waited an hour or more for our lunch, even though, as I mentioned, the place was half empty. The waitresses were not coming out very often. When we finally got our food, four of the six orders at my table had mistakes, even though the waitress had repeated our orders back to us when she took them. The food was good--nothing wrong with that! We're just accustomed to better service.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 28 October 2020

Checked into the LaQuinta next door, and after driving 450 miles on I-40, not even the thoughts of a Memphis BBQ could get me back in the car. So, we decided to get take-out at Cracker Barrel. Since the take-out is handled in the very congested store part of the facility, maintaining social distance was a challenge. The time to get the order seemed longer than normal, and the food was only warm. Should have toughed it out and sought out some good Memphis ribs.

Date of visit: October 2020