Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
eDreams
Snaptravel
2,225 results
All reviews ramblers bar fell view room afternoon tea wedding guests stunning location scones wedding venue christmas decorations steamers bridal suite the general manager feature room main restaurant evening meal every member of staff standard room high standard
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

We frequently visit this hotel throughout the year, today I took my wife and her mum there for a coffee, we sat in lounge as we normally do, waiter took our coffee order, whilst we were drinking our coffee a person came up to our table and said for all to hear enjoy your coffees but you are not supposed to be in here it’s for residence only, no sign warning of this coffee waiter never said and he new we were not staying on this occasion , now if he wanted us to move to another room we would of no problem, but to tell us and then say it’s okay to stay WHATS THE POINT.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank keithiv
Gary Wilson, General Manager at The Inn On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2020

Dear Keith

Thank you for posting your review, let me start by apologising for the miss understanding. The hotel was closed to non residents over the period of the 3 day Christmas break, this is not the norm but in the current climate we took the decision to protect the guests staying inhouse who had paid a lot of money for the break and needed to feel that there was plenty of space for them to enjoy there Christmas without being uncomfortable. We did put a sign on the door and opened the Ramblers bar and Candle room for visitors who wanted coffee and drinks. You came in sat and was greeted by my bar man , I also said hello to you and wished you a merry Christmas unfortunately the other member of staff who meant no harm or to offend you was just following the guide lines put in place, he is a very nice Spanish gentleman who would never be rude or wish to upset you but since you were sat with coffee should of just let you finish, he has been spoken to along with the receptionist who should of spoken to you on entry. but just to reaffirm he meant no disrespect. These are very uncertain and challenging times especially in this industry where jobs, businesses and livelihoods are at stake, I have witnessed some very out of character behavior over the last month but we all have to understand the unfortunate and worrying situation we are in at the moment but again please let me apologise for this regrettable incident and finish by wishing you well and please stay safe.

Reviewed 19 December 2020

Where do I start. Just wow. The place is outstanding. It looked from the outside absolutely beautiful, arriving in the car park in December at 4.00pm, Xmas lights, first impressions looks great. Thought due to a review I had read, that it was worn and a little dated inside, don't get too excited, wait until I see inside.
Lesson to self don't believe everything you read. Staff, absolutely perfect, all smiles whilst being professional, they genuinely make you feel so welcome. Room, perfect, number 44, with fantastic views, with balcony. Would book this in the summer, not necessary in the winter. Now for the Food and Service, capitals intended. The best me and my husband have tasted, there were no delays with service after each course, it was just so smooth. Was starting to think there has to be a downside, the forever pessimist. Bad sleep, no, just blissful. Breakfast that's where it will all go wrong, how annoying they get, all PERFECT. That word again. I write and post this review with a heavy heart, as I have never been good at sharing. . Book this hotel and you will banking happy memorys. Merry Christmas.

1  Thank jfoster100768

Dear jfoster100768

Thank you for your very kind review, we are delighted you enjoyed your break with us. I will let all the team know of your very nice comments, they will really enjoy reading your review, especially in these very difficult times.
Let us wish you well and please stay safe

Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

We have just returned from The Inn on The Lake and what can I say - Magical. It’s our first time in December and the decorations were gorgeous. We tend to visit the hotel for our anniversary in March and we did that this year before lockdown. Then when the hotel opened in July we returned and I have to say we felt so safe and well looked after we returned in Sept, then in Oct and again this week. We always try and book a Lake View Feature room. Well done to the staff and management the hotel is first class from reception, through to the bar staff, the food and the rooms.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear SFPR

Thank you for your very kind review, it really is lovely to read such positive reviews . I will pass your comments on to the staff notice board for all to read as the team take great pride in the service we offer our guests.
We hope to see you again in the not too distant future but until then lets wish you all the very best and please stay safe.

Reviewed 18 December 2020

This is a fantastic hotel run by brilliant staff in one of the best locations in the Lakes. We stayed on a dinner B&B deal and the food was excellent, service incredibly prompt. The staff went out of their way to be kind and thoughtful, not just efficient, and should be congratulated for managing such a tricky, ever-changing situation with grace and good humour. The hotel followed all COVID related safety measures without it feeling clinical at all. The room was large, as was the bathroom, and we had an incredible lake view. Plenty of long and short walks right from the door, and the Ullswater steamer is a five min walk away from the hotel. We saw red squirrels multiple times just out and about in Glenridding! All in all we had an amazing stay.

Room tip: Room 10 had dual aspect views: one of the lake, one of the fells.
1  Thank Nicola H

Dear Nicola H

Thank you for your very kind review, we are delighted you enjoyed your break with us. The guests welfare has been at the fore of our thinking and its nice to know that you felt safe and well looked after.
We hope to see you again in the near future but until then let us wish you well and please stay safe.

Reviewed 17 December 2020

I have to start by saying and huge thank you to Jonny and Gary for the exceptional service me and Sandra received by all the staff at the Inn on the Lake. We were treated to a stunning display of Christmas decorations from the entrance to the lobby and throughout the hotel. It was magical. It makes you smile and feel you're somewhere special.
We stayed in a lake side view room and I have to say if you get the opportunity to book one of the rooms you will not be disappointed. WOW as you walk through the door. The view is just out of this world. You see it on the internet but to see it with your own eyes is breath taking. The room was beautiful with a four poster bed and the décor was really thought out.
The food was to the highest standard and we loved every mouthful. We had the 5 course menu and it did not disappoint. We also tried the afternoon tea and it was truly a taste sensation.
I don't often put my opinions out there but i have to say this hotel has to be one of the best, no, the best hotel I have ever stayed at. It has that warm cosy feel to it and that nothing's too much trouble and the staff are always happy to help. The location. All I have to say is WOW. We Will definitely coming back again.

Room tip: Beautiful views from the lake view rooms.
1  Thank V8439FZrobertc

Dear V8439FZrobertc

What a lovely review, thank you so much. In these difficult times it really does give you a lift when guests leave happy. I will pass on your comments to Jonathon who will really enjoy reading this review.
We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future but until then please stay safe and well.