Ilion Hotel Suites
Park Hotel(Nafplio)
Pension Isabo(Nafplio)
Hotel Elena(Nafplio)
TripAdvisor
All reviewselegant roomssmall patioold townideal locationangelsjacuzzibaroquecupidheartstreetbasingreecepromenadecurtainsdecorationmycenae
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2018

I'm afraid this old, creaking edifice is past its sell by date. Freezing cold room. Not ideal for anyone especially with two small children . We were provided with a portable plug-in radiator but it only served to keep itself warm rather than anything else. Visible gap under our front door didn't help matters. Tiny (cold) bathroom and a mini bar (empty) where the door simply came off when you opened it. Exposed wiring and a smell of damp. And those were the highlights. Breakfast was provided but like everything else the eggs were cold. Oranges though, were provided.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

A very poor effort to promote an “ideal romantic environment”but actually is a hotel intended mostly for “naughty vintage escapes”with lack of basic things such as warm water, torn towels,sockets,even heating.Also over-expensive ... At least breakfast was good , but nothing special. A very disappointing effort to regenerate a baroque style , overpriced! Also when we arrived there we found out that the room we booked was not the one we received , even though the receptionist was trying to convince us that we were wrong ( when we actually knew which was the room we booked because each room there has a specific color . We booked the pink room and they delivered to us a red room , totally different from the room we chose, trying to convince us that we were wrong )Totally unacceptable ...

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

I have stayed two night at this hotel at the beginning of July.
Charming accommodation, great breakfast, good location, lots of nice restaurants around, close to the beach and city promenade, easy reachable from city central bus station.
Excellent service, elegant rooms, clean and pleasant. Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank cecili44
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Perfectly situated in the old town, easily accessible, friendly staff, quiet, comfortable, renovated room & bathroom, clean with air conditioning.

My room, #4, had access to an almost private courtyard. I felt comfortable enough about hanging my towel and swimwear to dry outside in a "common area".

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Katerina S
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel a few days ago for a night. It was reasonably priced, and had decent reviews, so we booked it. Big mistake!

We checked into the hotel early afternoon, in the blistering 40+ degree Celsius heat, as Greece is in the middle of a heat wave right now. So we were shown to our room. Which was a stand alone unit on the ground level of the hotel, in the back of the courtyard, next to the laundry area. I think it was room #4...

The room definitely had a unique decor. Definitely not to our taste. However I'd never write a bad review because of decor alone.

The location of the room was a distinct drawback. We heard who hung out in the courtyard, and the cleaning lady Everytime she would access the laundry/cleaning room area. Not very private.

The room was absolutely tiny, which you can expect in Europe. However, this room was the smallest we've ever stayed in. There wasn't even enough room to put in a proper closet. They had a closet that was too small to hang clothes from. They had the hanger rod, and hangers. However they weren't deep enough to allow the doors to close. With the doors open, it was very hard to move around in the tiny area. The wifi didn't work in our room either. It only worked in and around the lobby area. Those were the small concerns.

Our big concerns... The lock didn't work on our door. It was extremely finicky, and it took me a few minutes Everytime we left the room to make sure it was secure. And even then we were worried, as we were carrying a lot of electronic equipment (i.e my drone and expensive cameras), as well as quite a bit of cash. The fact that our room was accessible through an unlocked courtyard to anyone walking the street had us worried.

The straw that broke the camel's back was the that A/C didn't work at all. We complained a few times, and got some ineffective advice from reception, that didn't help. Finally I got fed up, after doing everything we were told to do to make the A/C work, with nothing to show for it. So I visited reception, and requested that we change rooms. Because I wasn't comfortable with the lock, and because the a/c wasn't working. The receptionist said that this wasn't possible, and followed me to my room, pushed some buttons on the a/c and said it should start working, and to give it some time before it took effect.

We had to meet my parents for dinner at that point, and so we left the a/c on, and figured it would be cool when we got back to the room. We were gone for hours. And unfortunately, when we got back to the room, it was still scorching hot. At this point there was nobody to complain to, as it was around midnight, and reception closed at 11pm.

To cool the room down, we tried opening the windows in the room. However the windows were so big, that a person could easily climb into our room from the outside courtyard. So we left them open, because there was no way we we're going to sleep in that kind of heat. But we ended up staying up most of the night anyway, because we were worried about people coming in through the courtyard.

This hotel room is a nightmare, and should not be rented to visitors. I can't comment on any of the other rooms in this hotel, however, this was the worst room that I've ever stayed in.

On a positive note... The breakfast was half decent. They squeezed fresh orange juice for us. Which was nice, lol!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family