Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$112
View deal
Expedia.comUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$112
eDreamsUS$112
Trip.comUS$133
All reviews beautiful hotel great stay value for money fairways facilities johannesburg business ladies
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2021

My good rating is based on the views of the hotel, my suite decor and golf course grounds and 1 member of staff- Adele who was excellent.
There was no service during my stay and i considered it very poor value for money

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stefanie Pietzsch, Other at The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a wonderful and heartwarming review!

The feedback received, be it complimentary or otherwise, is of utmost importance to us. We take note of the shortcomings and continuously strive for higher standards as we endeavor to exceed your expectations every time we receive you at our hotel.

It gives us great pleasure knowing that we have fulfilled our guests’ expectations and that we have lived up to our commitment of delivering excellent service throughout your stay with us.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to The Fairway Hotel and Spa Golf Resort, and provide you with an even greater experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2021

I had a Spa voucher for myself and my husband and decided to book a room for the night.

We have frequented this Hotel in the past and really loved it. They had welcoming front desk staff, clean and amazing facilites, a fabulous band that used to play there Rob and Ali, a stunning restaurant with amazing food. Such an incredible venue.
I was really looking forward to our stay.

However, this was not the case! The front desk staff were obviously in training, nobody quite knew what was going on. Thats ok, I understand what training involves.

Our room was decorated with red rose petals (as this was part of our honeymoon celebration), so that I appreciated. But the rest that followed was shocking!!

The shower was filthy, the toilet seat needed replacing, the bedding was frayed and the VillaNo 2 downstairs, opposite us was being used as a brothel.
They were blasting the music ALL night, women and men in and out. We did complain and the volume of the music went down a bit. It went loud again an hour later and continued until we checked out.

I spoke to the cleaning staff and they said that these Villas are used for those kind of parties and its really bad! Shame, I felt sorry for them.

I noticed a Manager arrived with cleaning staff, and the cleaning staff wouldn't go in, they looked horrified at what they saw. The Manager came back with a big green wheeley bin. The Men and Women were still drinking alcohol, making a racket , its now 8am.

We were supposed to have dinner there, but they only offered a bar menu. We were looking forward to their Ala Carte amazing food!! No problem, we went to an old favourite in Cresta (Thundergun) and weren't disappointed !

Coming back to the Fairway after dinner, was a joke. Women dressed like what was seen back in the day in Hillbrow! The floor in the bar area was filthy!

I am sad and disappointed to say the least. I really want everyone to know that this isn't the same place it used to be! Its really gone downhill and its such a pity as it was a very beautiful place.

The guests were always well dressed and respectful and it seemed like a good family venue. Not anymore!

I am not usually a complainer but I really had to put this out there! Even the dining room chair that I sat in at breakfast was stained. I have taken photos.

And BTW, the poor Front desk lady that was left on her own this morning (still in training) did not know how to check me out?? She said that the Hotel owe me money and she will sort it out.

Please Fairway........Get your act together and sort this out!

Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank Angie01070
Stefanie Pietzsch, Other at The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Dear Angie

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for this feedback as we do not take it lightly

The feedback received, be it complimentary or otherwise, is of utmost importance to us. We take note of the shortcomings and continuously strive for higher standards as we endeavour to exceed your expectations every time we receive you at our hotel.

We certainly hope that when you do return to the Hotel, you will have a pleasant and memorable experience.

We certainly hope to welcome you back again soon, and provide you with a pleasant and memorable experience

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this as we do understand that your overall stay was affected. Please rest assured that the necessary steps have been taken to prevent the shortcoming you experienced.

Reviewed 2 September 2021

The property was lovely, we had a lovely quiet weekend, our room was very comfortable. overall beautiful little getaway not far from our home.
we will definitely be coming back, and bringing our entire family and trying out the facilities we couldn't try like the spa.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stefanie Pietzsch, Other at The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2021

Dear Valued Guest

Reviewed 22 August 2021

Really enjoyed my stay and absolute vale for money! Evidence once again that we do not need to leave Johannesburg for time away from the City. Will definitely be returning to try out some more packages.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stefanie Pietzsch, Other at The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mkhize

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Unfortunately Fairway's service has taken a significant dive downwards. The golf villa was not cleaned in time for checkin. The windows were dirty and the blinds broken. The shower doors did not close and the towels were torn. The braai grill was dirty and we had to ask for it to be put into the villa. The cutlery and pots were of a very low standard and the wine glasses were insufficient for x8 ppl which is the capacity of the villa. We were parked in and had to ask security 3x before the guest moved their vehicle and then not to a parking lot but along the road to the villas which made exiting very difficult. The overall service was very poor.

1  Thank 410ashanis

Dear Guest

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for your valuable time to complete our review

We certainly hope that you will have a more pleasant and memorable experience the next time you come to our hotel

Your concerns regarding what you experienced are not taken lightly and will be escalated further.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for this as we do understand that your overall stay was affected. The Hotel has taken the necessary steps to prevent the shortcoming you experienced. We do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us.