“Excellent Fish and Chips”

The Lighthouse Cafe
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Simon's Town
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lighthouse Café has a beautiful ambience; it is an inviting space, light & airy with a French Provençal and Coastal feel which makes one feel right at home.Together Brett and Heleen as owners, chef and hosts have truly created a “home from home” experience for their customers.
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch after visiting Boulders Beach, and had high expectations after reading so many good reviews - thankfully we were not disappointed!

We both ordered linefish with chips - perfectly cooked, flavoursome fish and excellent chips! Service was good and the place had a great atmosphere. Toilets a little bit dodgy but that really doesn't matter when the food is this good!

1  Thank Andy S

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I was super hungry after a long day diving way off Cape Point. I ordered the Bella pesto w/o bacon and the Greek salad w/o tomato and pepper. Whilst the sans bacon version of the pasta is standard as a vegetarian option the salad request is not and the exceptionally helpful waiter did not hesitate to accommodate my request. He did confirm if I wanted the salad as a side dish or full size, being hungry it was the latter >:) I would comment that the salad did not actually have the herbs that are mentioned in the menu description, but the leaves were fresh and tasty and there was an abundance of black olives. I like that they have oil and vinegar on the table so you can dress your own salad. After tucking away my main dish and salad, washed down with a generous serving of wine I was offered the dessert menu. As I can resist anything but temptation I asked the waiter for his recommendation - I went with his choice of the lemon and passion fruit cake, which was delightfully light and citrusy. All that and a coffee came in at a little under 250 rand (without tip), which I feel was very good value.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

An absolutely delightful slightly quirky and atmospheric restaurant. The food was excellent and the service clearly demonstrated that the owner wanted us to have a great evening. We did! Definitely a place to eat if you are in or around Simonstown

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed 3 good courses for lunch - mussel/chorizo pasta, calamari, chef’s salad. Solidly good food, great central location, friendly staff. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We arrived at the restaurant with no reservation and were told that they were all booked. Seeing our sad faces, the man who had greeted us noted that there was a table open, but the people for whom it was reserved would arrive in one hour. Could we fit a meal in before they arrived? He said he would let the kitchen know our situation.

We started with the Springbok carpaccio, a dish we'd had several times already on our trip, but this was the best of them all. Perfectly served over greens with large gratings of Parmesan on top, we fought over the last bits.

I had the fish and chips, which was perfectly crispy and not greasy and my husband had the pork belly special, which he happily devoured,

The service was so conscientious, we even had time to split an Apple Berry crumble for a sweet ending to a wonderful meal.

Highly recommended, but be sure to make a reservation so that you don't miss out!