Hotels.com
StayForLong
Trip.com
Snaptravel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed four nights visiting with family and celebrating the New Year. Family located about 30 minutes (in traffic) from the location of the hotel and reduced to about 20 minutes with no traffic. Hotel conveniently located in a small mall with a fairly large grocery store.

The room was decently sized but did lack power plugs somewhat for devices but enough available to work out for us. Satellite TV offered an expansive viewing selection. However, some concerns with patched up cords one of our family members noted upon check-in to their room and they made sure to unplug to reduce fire hazard danger.

My bed pole seem to break as I was getting out of the bed but was quickly fixed when reported. Although, they never did address the remote not working (battery replacement?) and the shower door that was off the hinge so did not open and close very well. The water I would not call hot but was warm enough for our short stay.

The room attendants were otherwise very responsive and courteous to our room and minibar requests; although, I found it odd that we had to request daily cleaning service. On our last day we did not mention and staff did not clear and clean our room that would have been nice. Considering the hotel delivered breakfast service so we had dirty plates and trash. They did clear the dish ware upon our request when we returned the early a.m. hours of the 1st of January.

The WiFi service connection worked pretty good and was nice to have access to with passwords made available for all our devices. They arranged for outcall massages that was convenient and not too bad; although the bed being lumpy was a bit hard to get a consistent firm massage as masseuse did not bring a table not that much room available to set up.

Parking is non-existent from what I can tell; although, staff made arrangements for our smaller car to park near the loading/unloading driveway. Our van drivers would have to find parking elsewhere for the larger vehicle mitigated as they were not staying in the hotel with us but if they had to wait for any extended period was not all that convenient.

One of our family members room had ants upon check-in but thankfully for our room we seemed to avoid this nuisance. It would have been nice to have a small fitness room available with a treadmill as it rained and I was unable to continue my winter Thanksgiving to New Years running streak as I did not find the area conducive to runners plus all the constant rain.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We stayed for 4 nights. I chose this hotel because this was the only one that popped in Tripadvisor but when we got to Ilagan there were a few other hotels, I just don't know if they are better.

Positives - shout out to the following staff: Shane who always had a smile and greeted us, Lester who was always helpful, Abigail although we only saw once during our entire stay greeted us and asked us what we wanted for breakfast the following day. Hotel is in the same building as the Northstar Mall so if you forgot something all you have to do is go next door. Complimentary breakfast with either 3-in-1 instant coffee or bottled water is a plus because I don't want to have to think of where to eat early in the morning. This is served in the room because they do not have a cafe/restaurant. Complimentary bottled water. They always would leave 2 bottles only although when I made the reservation I put that there will be 4 adults. I did not ask anymore if it was because it was complimentary that they could only provide 2 bottles per room. We just bought our own water. Complimentary shampoo, soap, and toothbrush. Nice bright lobby and hallways. Ample parking space but no security guard. Free wi-fi in lobby and rooms, wi-fi just needed to be reset a few times.

Negatives: window in room looked like it was about to fall out, window in bathroom was installed incorrectly the lever to open the window was on the other side (1st and 2nd room), there was a leak behind the toilet, toilet water was yucky not sure it the housekeeper cleaned it and forgot to flush it, curtain was stapled and thumbtacked, furnitures in room were dusty and paint was peeling, complimentary breakfast was always room temperature, broken floor tile on the hallway almost made us trip, no refrigerator in the room (1st and 2nd room), no hair dryer but I asked for one and they brought me one (1st and 2nd room), key card to room did not work (2nd room), no hot water for the most part of our stay (2nd room), dark parking lot. Both rooms had no view. When you look out at the window what you will see is another window of I think the bathroom. The best way I can describe it is it's like an upright tunnel. See photos of some of the negatives.

There was a lady (I know her name but I won't say it because I don't want to jeopardize her job, this is just a constructive criticism) at the front desk who wore a uniform with red on top which is different from what Shane wore. I don't know if she is a supervisor or a trainee but she seemed to avoid eye contact and didn't have as pleasing a personality as Shane and Abigail. She always had her head down when we would walk in the lobby, didn't greet us.

The first room had all the negatives stated except the ones marked "2nd room". We asked to be transferred to another room which they did. The 2nd room was better although the curtain was also stapled (no curtain rod), and the window to the bathroom was also installed backwards. Their bed and pillow were comfortable, and good airconditioning.

Room tip: For us ground floor was better because there was no elevator.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank evol68
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed at Dreamwave Hotel fro two nights, Our stay was nice.There is a complimentary breakfast which is allowable to be delivered on your convenient time,Nice sleep and nbice location since it was inside the mall.

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank enjoyfunlovetravels
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.Affordable price indeed.Have a complimentary breakfast included.Also spacious rooms to choose from.Accommodating staffs and also good location since it is inside the mall.Clean room.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank enjoyfunlovetravels
Dreamwave Hotel... a, other at Dreamwave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

We're looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel provided the basic amenities for a standard hotel. The single room where I stayed in was clean, with the basic toiletries provided. They do have a breakfast set included in the price but don't expect much.

I didn't see any other hotel amenities during my 2-day stay.

But ... the front desk personnel are friendly and accommodating, to the best of their ability.

Date of stay: June 2017