Free cancellation until 07/29
Book now, pay at stay
US$54
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Restaurant Elba connected to the Motel Elba was a great choice, after eating seafood I ordered a Filet Mignon as served the best Filet I have ever had, served traditionally with a bacon wrap and mushroom gravy...WOW...
The real surprise is when finished I noticed the wait staff stopping at each table and picking up every ketchup dispenser, I asked to speak to the manager and this young man who spoke perfect English approached my table and asked what my question was. I told him about the best filet I had but asked why all the ketchup dispensers were removed, He explained that between breakfast, lunch and dinner the ketchup is dumped and the dispensers go into the kitchen to be washed so new diners have a fresh and clean dispenser...I was mind blown, never seen so much care for cleanliness in any restaurant....Kudos to Restaurant Elba.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We always make it a point to ensure that our travels have us stay in this motel at the end of journey back to the States from Mexico. While the facilities are dated, they make up for it with absolute professional service and spotless facilities and rooms. You are greeted professionally both at reception and int he parking lot where a greeter takes you to your room, ensures everything is in order and shows you how to use everything. The attached restaurant is a classic "American" diner experience that we always look forward too. Just to be clear this is a travel motel and is not luxurious nor does it try to be. It serves its function extremely well for the travelers passing through the little town of Santa Ana, Sonora. Well done!

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Nice, secure clean helpful. We stay here coming and going to Mazatlan. I always have a truck full of stuff for our house. 24 hour security. It's right on Hwy 15 from Nogales to Hermisillo. Pool and restaurant.

Room Tip: First floor towards the back
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Right on the highway with safe parking, simple but clean rooms, reasonable price. There is the Elba Restaurant right next door which has good food and fast food places nearby. This is a good stop to or from the border, either Nogales or Sonoyta. FYI, Sonoyta about two hours west going into Lukeville AZ is a super easy safe crossing which avoids the hassle in Nogales.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lola1201
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Stayed here based on the previous rating. If you pay in US dollars, the price is $35 - in pesos it's 490pesos ($31). Very nice room for the price and wifi works well. Nothing really to complain about the room - spacious and nicely furnished. However, even tho it's a chain hotel and I believe internationally owned, the idea of customer service and interest in one's job still doesn't exist at the front desk. The security guy had more enthusiasm for his job (and they actively do it). Be advised that families do stay here (there's a little playground) and with it being summer, there were several families with rug rats. The one thing I didn't like was that the 2nd night there, a spigot outside was turned out to fill a bucket with water and then left to run for TWO hours. It was quite hypocritical and contradictory with the notice they leave in the rooms about conserving water. When I called the front desk to let them know they were wasting the water, nothing was done. There's a casa de cambio across the street w/good exchange rate if needed. Most restaurants along with the bus stations are 1 km. away. If you come via bus, the taxi ride will cost you $40-50 pesos for the very short ride! Just walk it. Walk down the street between the hotel and Elba restaurant to get a nice view of the area west or sunsets.

Room Tip: They seem to rent the front rooms out first, so if you want really quiet, maybe one further away will be better.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo