“Could've been the best pizza I ever had”

Buncles Brickoven & Brews
Ranked #46 of 72 Restaurants in Mountain Home
Description: We are proud to serve pizza (Chicago Style Deep Dish, Thin Crust, Specialty Brick Oven, Vegetarian and Gluten-Free options) Burgers, Salads, Steaks, Seafood and Pasta. We also have over 20 beers on tap!
Reviewed 24 October 2021

I called ahead to order the deep dish pizza so I didn't have to wait a hour when I arrived. My reservation was for 2:30 pm, they told me when I arrived my pizza had been ready since 2pm, and the young lady that made the reservation was gone for the day. After we were seated the waitress took our order for drinks and asked if we wanted a appetizer. It took about 10 minutes for our drinks, and about 10 minutes later our pizza arrived. Obviously it had been re-heated. It tasted ok, sort of when you bring the leftovers home and re-heat it the next day. If I arrived a half hour early, the pizza would have been tremendous. The waitress came to collect the bill while I was eating, and left for the day before she could be tipped. My advise is to make sure they're aware of your time of arrival, don't accept the product if it isn't hot and fresh, and make sure your arrival is well before, or after a shift change

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (18)

Reviewed 24 September 2021

Went for my birthday lunch. The best thing was the dessert. The salad bar was next, not good enough for the price. The filet was tender but no flavor the rice was cold and sticky and tough.
At least I know what it is like and I do not have to go back. I have told people not to waste their money on it. The service was okay.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

Have been twice and neither visit matched the self- aggrandizing expressions of culinary expertise in advertising, social media or within the restaurant.

The highly touted pizza is not any better than what can be delivered much cheaper and faster at several national chains.

Wood grilled pork chops had no detectable seasoning including salt. Fries were undercooked.

On one visit a member of the table of 3 seated next to us never received his entree. I am sure the tepid apology by the waitress and no apology at all by management left him unhappy.

The overriding “we are from Chicago; that’s why” air of superiority that is evident in the menu notes and the wait staff’s short, snippy answers to questions wears thin when the food and service falls far short of the promises.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 3 July 2021

They have a wide variety of food selections. Our nachos were not good- over cooked. We ordered pizza and waited hour and half and pizza never came. Waitress keep putting us off. Poor service.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Gyspygirl
Reviewed 9 June 2021

We actually ate here twice on our last visit to Mt Home! I'm pretty amazed at the variety of food offered here, there's absolutely something for everyone! The wait time was a bit slow, but it was a holiday weekend and they were slammed both times, so we expected to wait. Though we tried many different things, the pot sticker appetizer was probably our favorite! Can't wait to eat here again :)

Date of visit: June 2021
Al B, Owner at Buncles Brickoven & Brews, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2021

So glad you had a great visit, we can't wait to see you again!