TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
2,177 results
All reviewsburger kingmash and barrelhorse ridingpapa johnschinese restauranttower lawnevening entertainmentchip shopcrazy golfprestige caravangreat holidayactivity passessoft playfamily holidaycentral heatingbirds of preyclimbing wall
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I travelled with our son, daughter in law and our two grandsons in two touring caravans for an Easter break. We were greeted by a cheerful security man called Joe who was happy to direct us to the touring field. We had to stop to collect our pitch numbers and pass cards again by a cheerful lady in touring reception. We set up our caravans and took the boys horse riding which was £20 per 20 min trek for our 7 year old and £7 for our 2 year to sit and have his picture taken. We went to the swimming pool which was lovely and clean with plenty of lifeguards present. Later in the evening my sons electricity cut off and stopped off for 5 hours! Then the rain came and along with it came the floods making it impossible to get out of our van without stepping into 4 inches of water. The pitch next to ours was bubbling raw sewerage where children were playing and the toilets were filthy and reeking. Cars and caravans were stuck in the water as they tried to move off site and we had to push my sons caravan off his pitch for fear of getting stuck. The drainage is disgraceful and should be rectified as soon as possible. We will not return.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
13  Thank Karen H

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit at Haggerston Castle.

We are so pleased to hear you had a great welcome from Joe. and also out touring team upon your arrival.

We are so sorry about the power cut that took place our teams worked extremely hard to resolve this as fast as possible.

The weather has not been kind to us over the past couple of months and we have tried exceptionally hard to prevent any issues during our cherished guests holidays.

I am pleased to inform you that due to the feedback our valued guests have provided our touring are currently being serviced to ensure we give all our touring holiday guests the best standard possible.

Please accept our deepest apology regarding your stay with us at Haggerston Castle Holiday Park.

Should you wish to visit us again it would be my personal pleasure to look after your future bookings with us.

Any questions please feel free to contact myself and I will endeavour to help you anyway possible.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We decided to rent a motorhome for the easter weekend. Booked a plot with dog friendly Hagerston Castle. BIG MISTAKE!!! Plot they gave us couldn't get on or off as cars parked all over the place so gave us another plot 6 inches under water!! Fair enough the weather was pants but i was in a motorhome not a motorboat. You couldn't get to the office as had a moat around it and the same at the toilet/shower block. Went to club on site was packed but money good on bingo think was the only thing. Couldn't take dog anywhere as wasn't aloud every thing on mash and barrel decking drenched and all the gates to get in locked. apparently only place actually dog friendly is the owners club. nee good to us!!!! and not told that. Got back to van and someone had parked there car on our awning spot!!! then about 3 hours later he knocked to ask if it was ok??? no £20 a night cheeky git. Then the power on the site went off of course only affecting the vans not haggerstons money making facilities. so they had a captive audience. Needless to say we were packed and ready to leave less than 24hrs later horrendous place.

Room Tip: tip stay clear!!! Complete hole!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
8  Thank andrea c

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit at Haggerston Castle.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not up to our usual high standard. I can agree the weather has not been very kind to us however our park teams have worked extremely hard to ensure a great time for all of our guests.

I apologise for the power cut you experienced your visit, this is the last thing we want any of our cherished holiday guests to experience. I can assure you this situation was beyond our control and was not a design in anyway.

Please bear in mind that you won’t be able to take your pet into our main entertainment venues, restaurants and public areas, including outdoor pools. this is stated in all our holiday terms and conditions.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to Haggerston Castle a number of times over the years as Northumberland is a place we love to visit. Recent years have been in static caravans but this year was the first in our tourer. The touring pitches were narrow and we struggled to park the car next to the caravan. Due to the heavy rain parts of the touring area flooded. The toilet facilities were dirty, not cleaned regularly and some toilets were blocked. On Good Friday night the electricity went off for the whole camp- although not for the main complex!! So the whole site, it seemed, piled into the amusements to spend a fortune. (The cynic in me thought this was more by design than coincidence)

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank emchris

Hi

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Have to say how disappointed this year at haggerston castle. Fighting in the shows that left my girls traumatized. Fighting in the park kicking my girls some kids running wild. Police seeing caravans off the park for there behaviour. We were fearful to leave our caravan for fear it would not be there when we came back.. cars continued to drive past our caravan staring inside to see if anyone was in. Laundry machines ran sacked even though they only have tokens. We will never go back and we left early. Very sad Easter break.

Room Tip: don't go any were near
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
8  Thank Ethel K

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit at Haggerston Castle.

The park’s 24 hour helpline number to our out of hour’s security mobile is printed on the welcome information we give out with our keys. We have a team of people who will react quickly should a complaint be made, to fix to the guests complete satisfaction with the minimum of fuss or disruption to the guest's stay. I am so sorry you and your family experienced this unacceptable behaviour our park teams reacted to the situation as quickly as professional as possible, we have been given a lot of great feedback to how this situation was dealt with from all of our guests and I thank you also for your understanding.

Please accept my apologies for the noise and disturbance you felt regarding other guest’s behaviour during your stay. Unfortunately, we cannot ascertain how some of our guests are going to behave after their arrival at the park, however we can action any disturbance as soon as its reported to ensure all of our guests have the best time.

I am so sorry to hear out launderette was not to its usual highest standard and will ensure this feedback is passed to the relevant management team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

just returned from a shocking easter weekend at haggerston castle its got the same problem with the drains this year as it had 4 years ago the management are aware of this as ive sent many emails about been washed out over the years, but as yes the same thing is happening we will see what excuse they say this year,these pitches are not fit for purpose and i will be asking for a refund

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
7  Thank Ginger T

Hi,

thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Haggerston Castle.

I am sorry to hear the issues you experienced during your visit.

I would like to speak to you regarding your booking.

If you are able to contact myself at the park on 01289 381 333.

Grant Pearson