“Breakfast ”

Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A delightful 19th Century coaching inn with a comfortable lounge, bar and dining area. The inn has recently undergone a huge refurbishment to bring the building back to life. Local produce and a lovely setting are the hallmarks of The Waggon Inn; with all our food sourced locally.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner who is very hard to please had the full English breakfast and said it was the best he'd ever had.

1  Thank kilkins

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Real good quality food. This is the type of food you expect at, nutters, 20 stories etc... good all round, nice pub, lovely area, pork belly was amazing! Nice real ale! Nice one john boy! Top drawer!

1  Thank Brentandhchy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After battling our way through blizzards on Saturday 17/03/18 we were met with a festive winter wonderland (in the middle of March).....

Our waitress, Danielle, was lovely. Attentive, funny and couldn't have been more helpful!! We decided to go with the 'Nibbles' as starters, Two Salt & Pepper King Prawns, Baked Bread and the Old English Sausage and we're glad we did. They were all really tasty and plenty big enough.

The mains were no different, I had the Trio of Sliders with fries all really nice but the fried chicken was especially succulent. The Pork Loin, Sweet Potato & Lentil Curry and the 3 Cheese & Onion Pie looked very passable.

A bottle of prosecco and a few beers rounded off a most enjoyable evening and we avoided getting snowed in by about 30 mins...............RESULT!!!!

1  Thank Neil B
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

My mum and I attended the food and wine evening last night and we had an absolutely fantastic time. I cannot fault the night at all and if I could give 10 stars I would. The food, the wine and the service was perfect and we can't wait for the next one.

1  Thank SweetEmmy
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

I love the waggon. The breakfast is the best I’ve had. The surroundings are lovely and cosy.
On another occasion We took my Daughter for her birthday. We did previously ask if we could bring her cake and they did say yes but we couldn’t eat it. As this was my Daughters choice and we had already booked we went ahead with it. But I just think when you’re spending £200 plus on a meal on a Monday night it’s a bit stingy to not let you eat it. I work in a restaurant and we always allow the customer to eat birthday cake. I know this is their policy but we’ve been a few nice places that do allow cake to be eaten and therefore we’ve tipped big.
Also one guest didn’t want the salad and mushrooms and tomatoes with the their steak and would rather have veg which they said we could have but it would be a £3 charge extra. (?!!)
Again I just felt this stuck in the throat a little.
Nice place, good food but if I was to go as a birthday visit again it wouldn’t be the waggon.

1  Thank Bertiem