“Breakfast cost a little more than we expected $25 for two protected include tax in a tip.”

Bailey's Country Cooking
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Melbourne
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was a little mistaken when I thought grits or potatoes went with breakfast and we were warned that if we wanted dark bread it would be more than the light about a dollar more and then there was an extra service charge and I guess a condiment charge for another dollar for using the Tabasco sauce. But the food was very good the waitresses and staff are all super nice. The only thing I can say about the food that was not as much to my liking was that I'm used to thicker grits and they were kind of watery and I really like butter but that's just my preference over oleo margarine whip. We would definitely go again. I would definitely go again the menu has a great selection.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (34)

Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

Every single thing we had was excellent up to some of the best we ever had. Catfish, ribeye, baked potato, seasoned fries. The slaw and hush puppies were incredible.
puppies and puppies

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

Friendly service. Great specials. Varied menu and lots of dessert choices. Have eaten here before when coming through town. Food comes out hot and fresh and portions are decent. Drinks are all big cups and kept full. One thing to keep in mind here is most sides are extra—so your sandwich will most likely come with potato chips unless it states otherwise. Reasonable prices for good food.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

The food is always good! We usually get our order to go, and never have to worry about it be correct!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 29 January 2019

This place is known up to 50+ miles away and people travel here to eat. The food is EXCELLENT! I laugh at the one bad review saying "no food from a can"; well no, it's all fresh and worth the trip. My first trip was Pot Roast and my wife had Pork Chops, better than grandma use to cook. They do Ribeyes on Thursday night that is great as well. There is a well known hamburger place in town but we haven't tried it. This is a family friendly place.

Date of visit: November 2018