47 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Barcelo.comUS$289
TravelocityUS$369
Orbitz.comUS$369
travelup.comUS$463
eDreamsUS$289
CheapTicketsUS$369
23,890 results
All reviews club premium barcelo bavaro palace deluxe la fuente coral seafood santa fe steakhouse sports bar spanish restaurant jacuzzi on the balcony beautiful resort language barrier family vacation junior suite make reservations seafood restaurant ocean front a la carte restaurants dinner reservations
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2021

Everything was great . From the food to the drinks and the staff always willing to go the extra mile and accommodate your extra needs . Not sure why anybody would complain about this hotel . I see the negative reviews and it must be from people that go to an all inclusive for the first time . All inclusive does not mean they have to wipe your butt . It means you pay top get free food , free drinks and room and board . Maybe if you tipped a few pesos it would help

2  Thank horgy2021
César Güílamo, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent holiday experience among us, our main goal being to ensure we keep on delivering unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests, your comments are crucial in this process, thank you for this amazing review.

Hoping to be part of your next memories in the Dominican Caribbean, we will be waiting for your news whenever you decided to repeat your experience in our little paradise.

Cesar Güílamo
General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Reviewed 15 June 2021

This hotel tends to be very expensive I don’t think it is worth alll the money but if you have kids I would say it is one the best resorts for families. My children had a great time at the pools the amusement park. The bars are great they will make you anything you want and they also have great cocktails. The food at the buffet is great but the service is horrible! Missing utensils missing napkins coffee no sugar no spoons no straws. the ac vents were leaking from the roof and some water fell on my table almost on my plate of food. In the room the hair dryer did not work I sent for it to be replaced but they left the same hair dryer. The tv did not work but they did fix that. A lot of Mosquitos in the room and other bugs like a centipede it had to be fumigated. The staff is great they work fast and try to get you anything you need they don’t give you push backs. Day entertainment and night entertainment is great!! There is a lot to do but for the kids all entertainment ends at 6:30pm except bowling and the kids club was closed due to the pandemic. If you are traveling as a family and have small children I recommend this hotel it lacks some things buttt they do fix it or try to accommodate you.

1  Thank audreysd23
César Güílamo, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing our Barceló Bavaro Palace hotel for your visit to Punta Cana, and for recommending us to the travel community of Tripadvisor, this is undoubtedly the best reward for us all.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We assure you that the matter will be given the proper attention and that we are continuously working on improving our services to make our guests feel like in paradise. Rest assured that we are taking your comments into consideration with our managers involved to make our guests' stay memorable.
We remain at your disposal any time you decide to come back that with our team commitment and effort we will be able to provide you a delightful stay during your next visit.

Cesar Guilamo
General Manager Barcelo Bavaro Palace

Reviewed 13 June 2021

Facility is beautiful and huge! There’s lots to see and do. However our experience with the food workers was horrible. They often ignored us and showed little acknowledgement that we were there. We would be served last or not at all. We often had to go find someone to take our order and even then they acted as if it was a bother. I talked to other Americans there and they too had a similar experience. I wouldn’t recommend staying here if you’re from America.

1  Thank jailasmith

Dear Guest,

We first would like to thank you for choosing our Barceló Bavaro Palace for your holidays in Punta Cana and for letting us know your concerns relating to your time in our hotel as it gives us an opportunity to look at areas which may have for improvement and for that we are grateful.

We apologize if you did not feel attendant from some of our Staff members, we would like to assured you that we do not have a preference for any race, color or nationality. We gladly receive guests from all over the world, all our guests deserve to be treated with the same respect and courtesy and we do our best to make all our guests feel at home. Please be assured that we are continuously working in reinforce in our personnel the importance of quality and excellence customer service.

Please be assured your comments regarding the service you received during mealtimes has been discussed with our Maître so as to prevent these kind of situations to reoccur in the future and we sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Again, we genuinely appreciate the time you took out of your day to inform us of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay and we sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly in the future.

Cesar Güílamo
General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

Family trip it was from month 6 day 4 ,2021 to the 10th
Went in with happiness and great expectations because I gave been to Puntacana before but it was not even close to what I had in mine ,I just had it when the served me fake CHIVAS REGAL at the pool bar ,and I went back to the bar and told them ,they knew I was right ,I asked for the bottle they served me from but they had it hiding some where ,then I told them to open a new bottle in front of me and that’s when I told them I was not stupid,that they were serving fake CHIVAS REGAL,

1  Thank npnl1cr637

Dear Guest,

Receive a warm greeting from all the team that makes Barceló Bávaro Palace.

We regret that your stay with us has not been entirely positive since it is the opposite of what we would have wanted. since we are recognized for high and excellent service levels. We are really sorry!!
It is our sincere hope, this not be a motive to not stay with us in the future. There would not be a better reward than to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and demonstrate you our commitment to excellent service.
Thanks for take the time in letting us know your impression.

Cesar Güílamo
General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace.

Reviewed 13 June 2021

Let me just start off saying if you like disorganization or a unwillingness to help if you are American or are not fluent in Spanish. We spent an hour in a sweaty room waiting for Covid results while getting yelled at in a language I am vaguely familiar with. We attempted to book an excursion through Delta and the representatives that work with Delta did not aid us in any way possible. We had crude workers yell at my family in I which I could make out clearly commenting on our appearance. Only few individuals were able to comprehend us and truly make our stay better. Before our trip was even over we were ready to be home. Find a different hotel to stay at unless you like being treated like an outsider.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Although we sincerely regret your disappointment with your stay in our Barceló Bavaro Palace, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments as it will help us to identify areas of concern and act immediately so as to enhance our future guests' experience among us.

We apologize if you did not feel attendant from some of our Staff members, we would like to assure you that we do not have a preference for any Guest. We gladly receive guests from all over the world, all our guests deserve to be treated with the same respect and courtesy and we do our best to make all our guests feel at home. Please be assured that we are continuously
It was never our intention make you felt uncomfortable or unattended, we are very sorry of not having achieved your satisfaction and we apologize if you perceived lack of attention from our part. I can assure you that it was never our intention, on the contrary our personnel is trained to accomplish our guests' requirements and needs as much as we can. We extend our sincere apologies if this was not the case.

We certainly look forward to serving you again and to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in a not too distant future.

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace