54 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$665
Priceline$665
Lol.travel$1,331
13,031 results
All reviews chez gourmet la brisa guest services caribe buffet club premium punta cana adults only section santa fe steakhouse ocean front swim up bar palm trees family resort a la carte restaurants dominican republic seafood language barrier bottle of rum
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2016

My husband and I just got back from our vacation at Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only resort and we had a blast. I have a lot of things to write so I will break them down into categories.

Hotel Staff:
The hotel staff was awesome. We arrived at the resort at noon and were pleasantly surprised that they let us check in early. The bell hop carried our bags to our room for us and showed us around the room and what amenities we have in the room. We forgot our towels at the bar one night and the receptionist at the front desk helped us out by getting us new towels so we wouldn't be charged for losing ours. The bar tenders are awesome and are willing to make anything you ask. Our maid was awesome, our room was always VERY clean and she was great at restocking things and even came to clean while we hung out on our balcony. There is a language barrier but we never had a problem getting our point across and communicating with the staff members.

Hotel Amenities:
There are so many different things that are included in this hotel. The room had a mini bar, coffee pot, T.V., towels, toothbrush, razor/saving cream, sewing kit, soap, shampoo, and conditioner. There are also slippers and robes, and a very secure safe in the closet. Our room had a partial ocean view and was closely located near the pool. The other side of the resort where kids are allowed is also included. Most of the restaurants are located in the other resort which is a short train ride or a short walk away. They have a swim up bar, a shopping center, water sports, blowing alley, mini golf, and a water park. We spent a lot of time at the other resort the pool was nice and big and the buffet was amazing. We really enjoyed eating at the Mirimar buffet for lunch.

Excursions:
We went on two excursions while we were in Punta Cana. We went on a snorkeling trip as well as zip-lining. The snorkeling trip was by far the most fun thing we have every done. We were picked up at 8:00 in the morning and taken to a big cameraman and then were taken out to a reef. We snorkeled around and saw many fish and a sea turtle. Then we got to snorkel into a spot in the ocean where there were sharks and sting rays both were not dangerous. We got to hold the sting ray and got our pictures taken. We then snorkeled back to the boat where we were greeted by drinks and sandwiches. The staff entertained us with dancing and jokes and then we stopped at a shallow spot in the ocean and have a party in the ocean. The staff swam around with us and brought us drinks in the ocean. We returned back to the resort around 1:00. This was an awesome trip we would definitely recommend. For our zip-lining trip we took a safari type truck way up into the jungle. We got to see how the local people lived and what some of the local towns looked like. It was very eye opening but nice to be able to see those things. The zip-lining was different from other places we have zip lined. It was not an amusement park it was very authentic and we could tell it was a great local spot. It was very safe and we got to hike to each of the different zip lines and we were greeted with water along the way. It was a very fun experience as well but was a long drive about an hour and a half each way.

The Food:
The food was okay. We have enjoyed the food more in Mexico than we did here but there were a lot of good options. We really enjoyed the Mexican restaurant and ate their twice. We ate at the buffets a lot. The breakfast buffet at the adults resort was very good and we ate there every day. La Brisa has a lunch buffet that has some really good stuff and as I mentioned above the Mirimar at the other resort was amazing. On our last day we ate lunch at Strikers a sports bar which had a buffet with sports bar food, this was also really good. We ate at the steak house as well and it was pretty good, we also ate at che gourmet which had a pretty good dinner as well. My husband and I had a romantic dinner on the beach for our anniversary which was not included in the price but was really good.

Shows:
Every night there is a show going on at both resorts. The shows start at ten which is pretty late for us but we were able to make it to two different shows. We saw the circus show which was awesome we would highly suggest that for anyone who goes. We also went to the other resort and watched the music show which was great, the singers and dancers were amazing. I am sure all of the shows are great and a good thing to do if you are still up at 10:00.

Things to Know before you go:
Most places do not take cash. We took all cash in hopes of using it to buy souvenirs however most of the shops did not take cash, they only took cards or you could charge it to your room. However we did find out that we could charge to our room and pay with cash when we checked out which was really nice. But it is easy to get carried away when you are charging things to your room, be sure to keep track.

A lot of reviews have said that there is a lot of walking to do but we didn't see that at all. The train comes every 10 minutes or less, we never waited more than five minutes for the train. You can also walk out right by guest services and follow the path and it only takes maybe five minutes to get to the other resort.

This resort is amazing and we had a really great time while we were there. We would highly recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a great get away.

6  Thank I_lOve_the_tr0pics
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback pertaining to your most recent visit. I am truly delighted to read that our service team, our location, your room and your experience all together exceeded your expectations.

It is an honor to know that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.

We thank you for taking your time sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Reviewed June 24, 2016

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach. The room was large and very nice. The restaurants are good. We really liked La Brisa, which is a buffet during the day and a sit down at night. It was located right on the beach. We tried the hibachi at Kyoto for the extra fee and it was well worth it. The beach is huge and very well kept. We never had to hunt for a beach chair at the beach or at the pool. I do wish the pool on the adults side had a swim up bar, but the pool itself is great. There is a swim up bar on the other side of the resort and there are hobie sailboats that you can take out for free, which we did every day. The evening shows were ok but nothing spectacular.
The staff were all extremely nice and all spoke plenty of english to understand anything we asked. The drinks were good for an all inclusive with several brands of liquor available. But we mostly stuck to mojitos, rum punch and the local rums. The wine, both red and white, were terrible. The best bar we found was the lobby bar on the Palace side.
The only negative was the wifi, you have to pay for it and once you do it barely works, but we went to get away from work so it was nice in a way.
We will absolutely go back as soon as we get a chance. I have been to Punta Cana twice and both resorts I have been to have been awesome.

2  Thank CTandPCH

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of my property for potential customers. I am happy the friendly staff made a positive impact on your stay with us!

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2016

just fantastic...we are planning going back soon with the rest of the family ...the most impressible is the people all over the place, I think we all want to have the dream vacation... thanks to the stuff and everyone who make this place AN AMAZING PLACE..

Date of stay: May 2016

Dear guest,

Thanks for the amazing review! We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service, and we greatly appreciate your feedback in acknowledging our efforts.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future and to show you another excellent stay.

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

As always everything was expected. This is my third visit in 4 years to this same resort. Each time I've come I've had a good room with a great view and no complaints. The food has gotten better. Although it seems that the wait staff skirts are also getting shorter (can we say mini skirts ). Other than that I have no issues ever. Check in was a breeze and I received a welcome gift a bottle of aged rum in my room at arrival. I've always booked direct thru Barcelo.com and add the shuttle service as well. The night shows are pretty good too.The dessert options could use a bit of work but the menu options daily are pretty good. Omelettes in the morning pasta for lunch. I'll be back again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AHarvey0813

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Everything was perfect, since the moment me and my girlfriend arrived there, the lobby is magnificent with a piano bar right next to the front desk.
The all inclusive experience is wonderful, food is delicious, breakfast , lunch and dinner. All the restaurants are incredible, we had dinner in all of them everynight a different one.
The pool is huge and a perfect pool to have a wonderful time having a drink at the bar in the pool. The experience Adults Only is the best if you are traveling with friends or with your girlfriend.
The jacuzzi in our room with a wonderful view to the sea is just romantic.

And the BEST THING... The staff is JUST SO FRIENDLY AND FUNNY! They make you feel like home.

The only thing that i would change is FREE WIFI PLEASE!
Even thoug we had a little problem when we arrived, they gave us a room that was dirty, we called front desk, they gave us a different room and FREE WIFI during our entire stay.

My words to this place would be.... MAGNIFICENT!
Thanks for gave me and my girlfriend the most wonderful experience ever!
In a couple months we are going to BARCELO SOLYMAR in Varadero Cuba, we hope we have the same or even a better BARCELO experience.

Room tip: Choose a room with a view to the sea. I Suggest Blocks 1,3,5.
Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank dennisalejandro9

Dear guest,

Comments like yours are a true inspiration to our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Thank you also for recommending our hotel. Your patronage and loyalty are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

Kind Regards,