Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
10,695 results
All reviewssurf and turfboom boomstar friendskobe beeflobsterdinner reservationscigar barbutler serviceour honeymoonpool barother resortsspecialty restaurantslunch buffetbubble bathpina coladaall inclusive resortrose petals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just returned from a sister's vacation at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro and this trip FAR exceeded my expectations. (I am a nervous traveler and it takes a lot for me to get on an airplane, but I am so glad I did!) We researched as naseum online all of the five star options and decided on this one, and thank god we did!!! It was my first and only time in the DR, but I have been to luxury resorts in Mexico, the US Virgin Islands, Bermuda, etc. Never have I experienced the level of service as I did at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro. We came for the sun and sand, but the weather had other plans at times - this would normally upset me on any vacation, but not here! There was always something to do.

SERVICE: The service was truly five star, top notch, and easily the best I have ever experienced in my travels. The Dominican people here are the kindest, friendliest, hardest working people I have ever met! Anything you could ever want or need, they will get it. Never did I have a need that went unmet in my room, in any restaurant, on the beach, or at the pool. We first arrived and were greeted with cold towels and fresh pina coladas. We checked in within minutes, totally hassle-free and were offered an upgrade to partial ocean view which was BEAUTIFUL! Our butlers, Melvin and Luis, were the best. I saw Melvin everyday and always he asked what I needed and how our trip was going. Our bar was stocked everyday with our favs that we requested - Titos vodka, fresh limes, and sparkling water plus all snacks we could ask for. Melvin and Luis always available and checking in to make sure we were happy and comfortable. This hotel is filled with staff - I've never seen anything like it and am spoiled now forever. There is always someone on hand to say hello and welcome you or offer assistance. I also want to note that I felt very safe on this resort and appreciated the security, management, and lifeguards everywhere.

BEACH/POOL: I was surprised at how beautiful the beach was and I liked that you weren't isolated there. You could walk up and down the shoreline in front of the other resorts. Yes, some people do save seats at the beach and pool but there are so many of them that you never have a problem finding one. There are plenty of chairs in the shade on the beach. The beach servers, including Tobias, always made sure I had a water and a drink. Warning - use a high SPF. It rained a lot when we were there and it only took one afternoon for us to get sunburned! 30 wasn't enough.

CLEANLINESS: This hotel was kept in pristine condition. There are always people cleaning something, which I really appreciate because I am fanatical when traveling. I saw them cleaning the pool, lake, beach, even sculptures in the common areas regularly. In our rooms, the maid service came at least twice per day, making up the room and leaving cute towels folded into shapes and leaving chocolates at turndown, picking up after our messes.

FOOD: The food at the restaurants was truly upscale and didn't feel like your typical all-inclusive cuisine. I am from the northeast and we are admittedly spoiled with the best food, so my expectations were low for an all inclusive, but I was pleasantly surprised here. (I was worried because I had heard horror stories about other resort chains having bad food or people getting sick, but we did not experience this here.) The Grand Bavaro has a huge selection at the main buffet and will make you or get whatever you want. I enjoyed their breakfasts, with Yari usually seating us with a good morning smile. I typically had an omelet made to order, some ham that was carved right off of the bone in front of me, some fresh fruit, a juice from the freshly squeezed juice bar. They also have gluten free options. For lunch, Sandy at the outdoor grill is the best - I am going to miss his grilled salmon and steaks! They were seasoned and cooked perfectly, and the best. The other lunchtime buffet in La Perla was great too. Francisco, Johanna, and Juan Carlo provided great service there. For dinner, we tried each of the restaurants. My favorite was probably the the gourmet restaurant - shout out to Marisol, Aleuri, and Saolo who treated us like royalty there! I loved the atmosphere and the food; I had a filet which was cooked to perfection.

ACTIVITIES: And the best for last is the activities staff, who REALLY made our trip the best. This resort reminded me of Dirty Dancing -
there is always something to do if you want to. You can download their app on your smartphone for a daily list of activities. Jenesis, Juan David, Lisette, and Santana, thank you for your kindness and patience and positive fun attitudes in conducting all of our activities including daily dance lessons. I learned merengue and the bachata - and felt like I was in Dirty Dancing! They also have archery, corn hole, water cycling, and more. I also took a yoga class and it was great! I will never forget how much fun doing these activities, thanks to the amazing activities staff. I already miss them!!!

ENTERTAINMENT: I also loved the shows at night and was really impressed by the dancing and singing. WOW was not expecting such amazing talent! Don't miss their new Las Vegas show or their Dominican night, which were my fav shows.

I will miss the Iberostar Grand Bavaro very much and will def be back in the future!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
11  Thank Diana C
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

On behalf the entire team of IBEROSTAR Dominicana we thank you for choosing us as your holidays destination.

Guests satisfaction is the best reward we have; we are so proud to know that your first experience was excellent and our helpful staff went beyond your expectations and you also delighted the food and the infrastructure. This kind of review encourages us to keep working with lot of enthusiasm.

You can't imagine the joy bring with your words, which reflect exactly the impression we want to live in every single guest. Thanks for highlighting the wonderful stay; it`s for sure that your comment will help a lot those who have doubts about what we are offering and as well how they can enjoy more their stay in our beautiful property.

It`s a pleasure knowing that all our facilities, activities, exquisite gastronomy and service received were able to met the all your expectations. Knowing that you have enjoy your stay, is the best reward we can have.

Once again, thanks for your words. The entire team is looking forward to your next visit in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us in contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I, (ages 57 and 54 - but young at heart) spent five nights/six days at the Grand (March 23-28). We loved the resort. We didn't have perfect weather (two days of lots of wind, clouds and rain and chiilly), two days a mixed bag of some sun, some rain and wind, two splendid sunshine days, one of which of course else was the day we left but we had half a day before leaving for the airport

As others have noted, the resort is beautiful, well-laid out, immaculate, gardens beautifully tended, and the staff all so friendly and helpful.

Special shout-out to Carlos, who brought us our drinks by the pool - he was always on top of It and was always so pleasant. Ery and Hamlet by the beach. Our butler was Leo. He greeted us and asked us what we needed - we had booked our restaurant reservations before we arrived so other than switching one reservation which he did no problem, we had little need for his services but no doubt he would have been readily available should we have needed more. He did make sure our fridge was stocked with plenty of waters and sodas.

Our room was 7115, second floor, overlooking pools. We had a glimpse of the sea and our room was perfectly situated, just down one flight of steps down and we were at the pool. It was perfect. One flight above would have provided more ocean view but we were completely satisfied. The housekeeping and turndown serve were outstanding. Our room was kept spotless and the bed was comfortable. Nice rain showerhead with plenty of water pressure. One quirk, the hinge on the glass doors for both the shower and toilet make a loud popping sound every time we closed them. Fun fact: the faucets have ceramic letters marking hot and cold, but for those of us with limited Spanish, know that the C stands for caliente (hot!) not cold. The other letter is an F for frio ((cold).

The food was fine, buffets had plenty of choice, some things hit or miss, some tasty things, some things just looked odd and like they'd been sitting out too long. But we found plenty we liked.
We ate at the surf and turf (nice atmosphere except the lighting was way too bright which diminished the ambiance and we both wished we had just ordered the surf and turf (when in Rome...) instead I had the Strip steak and husband had the porterhouse and we've both had much better steaks - we're from NY, after all. Second night was Japanese, and while it's sort of a cliche, like a Benihana, we enjoyed our meal, tasty filet, lobster, shrimp tempura, fried rice, and we enjoyed the other folks we sat with, as well as our chef/server. We also enjoyed our fish and steak at the French restaurant. We had one meal at Casa de la Playa, and had the sea bass, which they filet for you at the table. It was a lovely presentation but i wasn't feeling great that night and didn't have much appetite so didn't enjoy as much as I might have.

We skipped the Italian (again, we're from NY - you can't swing a stick without hitting an Italian restaurant).

Our first night they had a mambo band playing on the ship in the lagoon and people dancing in front on the patio. It was lovely and we wished they'd had that going on other nights. We attended two shows in the theater. I was skeptical but let me tell you, there was some serious talent there and we enjoyed it - definitely an hour well-spent. We saw the Las Vegas and the Dominican Shows. Both great.

We also listened to a young lady sing in the lobby bar, and wished we'd had a chance to catch more of her. Such a talent.

The beach was kept immaculately. A lot of seaweed washed up every day we were there but they had loads of staff out constantly raking and they did a great job - i was hardly bothered by seaweed in the water. I love swimming in the ocean and hate swimming with seaweed and I never found it to be a problem. The Grand has by far the nicest stretch of beach between the Hard Rock and Ocean Blue and Green (what are those hideous mounds in the water in front of blue and sand? For beach erosion or to break the waves or something but yuck). One of the bad weather days we took a taxi to the Hard Rock and walked all the way back on the beach, took over an hour but we stopped to check our resorts along the way. Not I'm pressed with Hardrock, but the new Royalton was very nice for a non adults only.

We are early risers so we did get out early to grab a bed by the pool and a spot on the beach. And we constantly moved back and forth through the day. There were plenty of seats at the beach, so even if you weren't out early enough the snag a front row, you could always find a place under a palapa. Lots of seats by the pool as well, but the prime spots did go early. There are plenty of activities going on around the pool if you chose. The whole atmosphere was very laid back and lovely, and you could be as lazy or as active as you chose. Lots of delicious frozen drinks - we liked the mama banana and the dirty monkey, cold beers, and any drink you could think of.

We rarely return to a resort twice but in this case we both agreed we are eager to return. Hopefully for better weather and a longer stay.

Stayed: March 2018
11  Thank sapphirehg45

Dear guest,

On behalf the entire team of our establishment we will like to thank you for choosing us as your holidays destination and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

In IBEROSTAR we are committed to create a good ambiance and give a wonderful service.

Your satisfaction is our reward, to know that our guests have left the property so happy and convinced that this was the perfect option for they to go in holidays is the best thing we can have. Thank you so much for your gorgeous review about your experience with our services and facilitites.

We wish to express our happiness to acknowledge that you have had a great time with us. For us, this is one of the most exciting feelings when we succeed in providing our service.

For sure, your words are helping others to know better what they can find here. Our main goal is to make every single guest happy of their decision to visit here and any of our hotels around the world, and with your words we can confirm that we did that with you.

Thank you for recognizing the level of commitment our employees possess; we will certainly commend everyone. We are proud to have them as members of our team. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review online, as it is highly appreciated and we hope to accommodate you for another well spent vacation in the near future.

Once again, thanks for your words. The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back here in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This resort is gorgeous and so well maintained! Beachfront. This was our first Iberostar stay. We loved the adults only and no kids atmosphere. We lived under the huts on the beach for shade. (Of course you had to play the game and go out early to snag one, which is always a challenge and a pain). We loved the beach drink service and Tobias and Lely were great and such hard workers. The staff is fantastic and work very hard to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. Shout out to Jhonny and Yary at the restaurants, Ricardo my dance partner, Yocairi on the entertainment team, and Altagracia in the kitchen. Everyone is pleasant. The rooms are so nice with a good size balcony, jetted tub, rain shower, and the king bed is so comfortable and quiet. The staff here speaks very good English! If you try a little Spanish they truly appreciate it. Our butlers Ariel and Luis were awesome and helped us with whatever we needed. And they will make the dinner reservations for you! We loved that feature. We liked that the pool stayed open until 7pm. The restaurants were great, Surf and Turf El Galeon was our favorite. Casa de la playa was our other favorite restaurant, and the hibachi was fun and yummy. It is a quieter resort. There is a ship on the property with a bar underneath with tv's and a pool table, which is so cool! This is a spot where they should have more performers as you want to be outside as much as possible. The nightly shows are solid and have fantastic singers and dancers. You can take out Hobie sailboats, kayaks, paddle boards too, included. You can visit the 3 other Iberostars by golf cart, which is a great service as they are next door but easier by cart. Definitely check them out. Some booking deals here include two free rounds of golf. The course is in fantastic condition and beautiful. You may want to inquire ahead of time as there was a charge for $50 per person for club rentals (if you don't bring your own). Bring golf balls and gloves too. They give you tees. You must wear a collared shirt, women too. We played in sneakers, which was allowed. They should mention the charges up front when booking tee times as we learned some of this on our own. Also, if you are a first time visitor, concierge may approach you with a 'club member' plan to become a repeat customer. This was an hour and a half information session not quite explained to us up front. "Not a time share" and they were not pushy, but still let us know upfront what this is all about as it was not quick.
Overall we loved this resort and the staff, and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BostonGalTraveler

Dear guest,

On behalf of the hotel staff of IBEROSTAR, we will like to thank you for choosing us as your vacations destination and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

It's wonderful know that your holidays were great thanks to the high standards of services and facilities we have. It is for sure that your comment will help a lot those who have doubts about what we are offering and as well how they can enjoy more their stay in our beautiful property.

Thanks for mentioning the amazing service received by those you mentioned, with whom we will be sharing your words, and we will do with the rest of the team.

We are all looking forward to your next visit. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance.

Cordially,

Quality Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first experience at all inclusive Hotel. We were reluctant to stay at all inclusive but after our stay here we will do it again. Here of course at this Hotel without hesitation. We loved our stay here!
The service here is excellent. Location is fantastic. Staff at this hotel try to please the guests, always smiling and eager to serve you. Our great compliments go to our Butler Will who made us feel so welcome, very friendly and professional. This Hotel should be very proud to have Will and Adler on their staff. We highly recommend Will and his colleague Adler for their great willingness to make your stay an excellent and pleasant experience. Our last night at the Hotel, Will our butler had arranged the room in such a beautiful way that we took pictures to show our family and friends. Thank Will and Adler for your great service and hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: Ocean view. We staye at room 7389.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travel8284

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR as your holidays destination and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We appreciate your positive evaluation about our hotel; it really encourages us to keep doing things better every day, which will ensure unforgettable stays to our guests.

You can`t imagine the satisfaction we feel with this detailed and beautiful comment that you have decided to share with us. In each of your words is reflected the great enthusiasm with which our employees work day by day to meet the expectations of everyone who visits us on the property.

Nothing is more rewarding than knowing that as your first experience in at all inclusive, we have completely met your expectations.

The entire team is looking forward to your next visit. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We couldn't have asked for more. This is our 2nd visit to The Grand Bavaro (the first was for our honeymoon in October 2015 and the second was for a couples trip in May 2017). The food and service at this resort are second to none. We feel the quality of the food is exceptional whether you are eating at a buffet or gourmet restaurant. The breakfast buffet has anything you could possibly want. The lunch buffet is more like a dinner buffet and I can't imagine someone not having multiple items on the menu to satisfy them. Lunch options include an outdoor grill serving ribeye steaks and fresh fish. Dinner options include a nightly buffet and 5 gourmet restaurants. I won't go into individual descriptions of each, however once again I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The pools were sparkling clear and the pool deck extremely clean.

All of the staff are genuinely nice and go out of their way to get you what you want. There was drink service around the pool and on the beach, so getting drinks was never an issue (all top shelf options available). I’ve played golf 5 times here and the course is immaculate and you never feel rushed. Overall this is our favorite resort and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric H

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for the second time as your holidays destination and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

Knowing how excellent our guests' stay has been is the best prize we can receive. Each of your words confirm that we are going in the right direction, and in turn, motivate us to continue providing unforgettable experiences to those who visit us.

What a pleasure to have the knowledge of how well you have been treated during your recent stay and how much you have enjoyed our facilities, beauty of our establishment and service received.

The entire team is looking forward to your third visit. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.