See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

The real feel of the D.R. very peaceful and quite. The room was exactly what I was looking for, on the water & sleeping to crashing waves. I didn't need a fancy blue swimming pool, hot shower or private bathroom to feel comfortable... Aka don't expect those things. The manger Jimmy is so friendly and personable. Everyone there made me feel like at home. Cabarete vibe for sure. However It's a decent walk into town or to the restaurants on the beach or street. At my own risk I took a motorbike ride a few times at night.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Partner and I stayed for about 3 nights we had a pleasant stay. The room is equipped with a mosquito net, a small table and chair. The bed is about a full/queen size, it was very comofrtable to sleep in. Also, the walls as you can see are all wood so you can hear the waves at night. My partner and I would buy some large presidentes and sit by the beach and just listen to music. It is not a party hostel but the neighbors do blast their music and the walls don't keep the sound out very well. THe shower is shared, if you don't mind that you'll survive. The bathroom was clean and it is also gender neutral. Regarding the location it is a little ways from the entrance to Cabarete but my partner and I are used to walking anyway so the "lively" area part of town is less than 10 minutes away on foot- you can always catch a taxi which there are not many of.
Regarding the owners, I think they're the same as the surf hostel, my boyfriend and I got lost and ended up there, the owner gave us a ride here. We were treated nicely. The DR is a poor country and the locals living off the tourism industry are literally hustling so it might feel a little aggressive to us travelers.
If you're a flexible traveler on a budget, stay here. If you want something closer to the bars, then pay more.
I traveled in JANUARY OF 2013 (tripadvisor wouldnt let me go back past aug 2015)

Room Tip: When you arrive by bus, face the beach and then walk to your right. It's just past the police dept.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2015

The best place to make kitesurf in the world, as you can read this is a pure reality, this place is awsome, and the restaurant all over the place, but is not a beach for kid, just for practice water sports

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2015

We booked in to stay here for a week, and as soon as we saw the place we turned around and left. When we first approached the manager, she thought we were visiting the hostel to get prostitutes until she saw our bags and realized we were trying to stay there. There were 3 other people there that had stayed one night and were switching to another hostel. I had paid a 20$ deposit for the rooms online, and when we arrived the manager kept refusing that I had done so, in hopes that I would pay the full amount all over again.

The place looked NOTHING like the photos, the pool was murky green and there was nobody else around. It is far away from cabarete in a more dangerous area of town. I have travelled extensively through south america and stayed in some sketchy places but nothing like this.

As we were catching a taxi to find somewhere else to stay, the manager sent us off by yelling and giving us the finger...

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends