Lowest prices for your stay
US$14
Free cancellation until 22/05/21
Agoda.comUS$13
Expedia.comUS$11
PricelineUS$15
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2019

Located in the heart of downtown Cagayan de Oro, just near a university this Hotel attracts visitors due to its student-friendly economy. Although I did not ask my host how much he paid, (because we are a group attending a one and a half day workshop the venue of which is the university beside it) for my overnight stay in the hotel's single room, twin bed, I could imagine it must be less than Php1thou/night.
It is actually the second time I stayed in this hotel. the first one when we were four in one room. So, I already knew what to expect.
It would help a would-be visitor to this hotel that: 1) Floors are not very clean, so I suggest bring a cleaning rug with you. 2) Beddings are not so immaculately clean. Mine had a brown bogger-like that clung in the sheet. Learn to be patient. Anyway, it will only be for overnight. 3)And, this is very important. Don't be shy to ask for soap and toilet paper because it is not provided in your room. The reception desk supplies you with this very important basic amenities. Therefore 4) bring your own shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste and your pair of slippers.
Important for every stay in a hotel is comfort and a clean bathroom. The airconditioning functions but is noisy. But it's alright. The bathroom is clean yes. That I guarantee. So, over-all I would say, if one is not so picky, the GV hotel is the place to stay when one is on a tight budget.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We returned to CDO from Laguindingan Airport from a cancelled flight that make us really exhausted from waiting. We look for several hotels and all of them where fully booked. Surprisingly we inquire at GV Hotel and they have plenty of rooms available. After we checked in, we understand why there is many vacant accommodations. Smelly rooms, Air-cons need to turned on by the hotel crew every time you get out of the room due to utilizing only one remote control for all the room air-cons, and its very
noisy... Overall maintenance is poor.

Room tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 27 February 2018

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I can say that this was the worst I have experienced. The floors appear to be mopped but the edges and corners have not been attended to They have a large buildup of dirt. Under the beds have not seen a mop or even a broom for a very long time. The toilets don't work properly. My air conditioner was extremely old and it had no remote or control knobs. The air conditioning was set on the coldest setting. I asked for a blanket but was given an extra sheet as they don't know what a blanket is. Even then the extra sheet was damp and I had to take it back.The window does not close and the noise from the nightclubs and waiting taxis kept me awake till the early morning hours. The window sill has not been cleaned for at least 10 years. In summary it is a terrible place to stay and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We arrived in Cagayan De Oro at around 10:00 PM, most of the hotels we checked out were fully booked, luckily we came across GV Hotel. The rooms are a bit simple, but we didn't care much since we were leaving early morning anyway. Good points: Near lifestyle district, friendly staff and very budget friendly.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my cousin stayed for just a night because we are going to take exam the next day. I appreciate their room thats good for two persons, small but very clean.. And the staffs are nice and polite..

Date of stay: March 2017