“Hotel badly needs updating”

La Piazza Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Legazpi
Tagaytay, Philippines
“Hotel badly needs updating”
Reviewed March 28, 2015

I read several reviews before confirming our reservation but was sadly surprised when we checked in. The rooms are large but needs upgrading. Lighting was bad so I can't tell is the room is clean. Could use lamps shades by the bedside. Water pressure in the shower is weak and inconsistent. Overall, the rooms could definitely use some upgrading to refresh the old look.

Room Tip: If you demand an updated and modern hotel, this is not for you!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 19, 2015

it was indeed a nice place..overall it was a comfortable stay. but how i wish the staff would have been honest. watch out they are not providing receipts unless u ask. i was charged twice during my stay last march 11, 2015. having a jetlag, i ask if i paid 2,000 already when we were inside the room.. the staff told me i didn't, i counted my money and 2k was missing i checked if the staff gave me a receipt but they didn't.. i don't want to argue with them so i gave another 2k upon check out. come to think of it why they gave us the keys if i haven't paid it the first time?! i was so dissappointed.. lesson learned--- always ask for a receipt and cross this hotel out of my list!!!

2 Thank Precious B

Travelers are raving about these Legazpi hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 9, 2015

We stayed here for one night before catching a flight the next day to Manila. Overall, the room was very clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was just okay, nothing too impressive. There could definitely be more options there. The towels were very clean and large and I always appreciate a hotel in the Philippines that has hot water! The only downside I'd say is getting transportation. We were told that the tricycle rate was 8 pesos (same as in Masbate where I live), however, when we took a tricycle to the Pacific Mall, which is only like 5 minutes away, the driver charged us 35 pesos for the two of us. And my girl friend is Filipino, so I don't know if it was because I was with her (an American) or if they usually do this to everyone. Anyway, just beware of the tricycle drivers telling you your fare is more because it's "out of the way" from the hotel. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2015

When I first arrived at Legaspi, I really wasnt expecting much for the hotel... but you feel like you're somewhere else when you stay here. It's very modern and very comfortable. Very good price too.
We arrived about 9am but check in for our room wasn't until 2pm.. however, they offered us another room so that we could check in immediately rather than wait. This was excellent! Allowed us to shower and make the most of our day rather than wait around. We were so happpy about that.

Room: The room was a very good size for 3 people. VERY comfortable bed. The bathroom was also a decent size. Towels are provided, coffee and kettle provided, some toilettries. Only thing lacking was a hair dryer.. although not neccessary in hot Philippines I guess? Also, there was an issue with tiny tiny tiny ants all over my handbag... but it wasn't a huge amount... just dont have food in your room/bag...

Staff: very polite and helpful. Theyre always smiling and greeting you too which is very nice. We booked several tours with them and they were very patient and helpful.

Food: Chinese. The food was actually very good.. dimsum!! The service was also very good. Attentive staff. One day, we were the only customers in the restaurant as it had just opened.. so the staff played music such as Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran etc for us... so cute~

Location: very good. It is within walking distance of the bus terminal, and they provide free transport to Legaspi airport! They can also organise transport for you to get around the city, but Legaspi is so small you can basically walk everywhere.

Tours: Good selection. Okay price? very friendly tour guides who don't feel like strangers at all. informative too. can adjust timing of tour to suit your needs.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here, and if i were to visit Legaspi again, I would definately stay here!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
1 Thank JJCC_10
Cavite City, Philippines
Reviewed February 17, 2015

Rooms are average but the bathroom is a bit small, and ants were keep on coming back at the sink. Food is good and staff are friendly. Construction of HapChan restaurant was ongoing during my stay.
Parking is good but if you want to go to the mall or eat elsewhere, it is not so accessible. There is no nearest restaurant or fast food, you have to ride a taxi or tricycle in going to the city center.

Room Tip: Rooms at the right side of the hotel has a nice view of Mayon Volcano
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business