All reviews cagsawa ruins home away from home mayon volcano room downstairs bed and breakfast warm accommodation perfect place to stay body wash homey place breakfast served nice view rice rooms are clean homey feeling tocino free breakfast hot and cold shower
Reviewed 9 October 2014

stayed for only one night unfortunately.
The view from the balcony at Mt. Mayon would have been breathtaking if the clouds had not obscured the volcano.
Caren and Jed are young (in their twenties) but know how to make you feel at home. They will organize outings for their guests and make sure everything goes according to plan. ATB ride in the valleys around the volcano was great, the early morning wake up very much worth it: Mt. Mayon was splendid at dawn. An eruption seems to be near, hope that the perfect triangle will not be blasted away. We'll be back!

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2014

No doubt on why this place is tripadvisor's No.1 B&B at Albay!

Location: located in front of maharlika national highway at daraga albay. Very accesible to most if not all the places you want to visit. Its Approximately 15-20mins away to legazpi airport, cagsawa ruins, Daraga church, ligñon hill and legazpi city.

Room: what to expect? I booked a standard room at agoda.com for 1200php per night with breakfast for 2.

✔️AC room.
✔️Hot and cold shower
✔️Strong wifi
✔️Big cabinet
✔️full body mirror
✔️decent bed
✖️TV (which is fine Im not here to watch tv. Mostly we are out the whole day and sleeps at night) if you really want to watch TV is available at the lobby.

Food: again remember that you are not in a hotel so dont expect something luxurios. Breakfast is serve at 7am until 10am with their choice of meal. It was just simple easy to cooked meal for all the guest. Nothing special, decent and generous servings.

What makes balay dela rama special: 1st the nice view of mayon and ligñon hill at the back of the house.

TIP: wake up as early as 4am to see the mayon. Most of the time its cloudy.

2nd it feels like home. We are given 3 keys when we arrived. Its for the c.r, room and for the house main door. So go out whenever you want. You are not going to disturb anyone because you have the house key. Note that the cctv are available to protect guest security. And lastly the relaxing provincial ambiance. Everything are smooth, relax and slow.

Customer Service: People of balay dela rama was the first to show us the hospitality of bicolano people. Arrived late at night due to long land transfer from manila to bicol. They are waiting for us outside the house to make sure that we will easily find the place. Dont expect to be treated like v.i.p in a 5 star hotel which I prefer to be not but we feel at home. People are always nice, relax, open for conversations. Just normal. And I like it that way.

The only thumbs down for me was. I noticed the expensive tour that they offered. Example 700+ per head for cagsawa, lignon hill and daraga church. Seriously? I can spend less than 100php going to those area. Anyway, they will not force you to avail their package. They just offered it twice.if you say no. Fine. They are offering different tour but again you can do it by yourself. Feel free to explore the city.

✔️google map on!
✔️charm to talk to people hehehe

This place is Highly recommended! Be cool!! Explore Bicol!

Please visit my blogsite at travelosyo.blogspot.com

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed in hotel for 4 nights. You would not believe, how amazingly friendly is staff there. They would sort out anything for you! Always willing to help. It is small and very family place. Has very nice garden and view of the Vulcano in the morning was breath-taking. We had breakfast as well. Not many options, but they tried to adapt brakfast to "European style" brakfast as much as they could. Rooms was nice and clean. Bathroom clean and very modern. After month of traveling, this was very refreshing and nice place to stay! Would recommend this place anytime!

Room tip: Choose the room towards the volcano, you would have a great view and you would not get any noise from the street.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank John S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I loved this place from the time I saw it on the internet and booked my reservation. I was not disappointed when me and my family got to the place, we all loved it. We were greeted with a smile and had a very nice reception.
I like the homey feeling of the place. I love the view of Mayon Volcano (I only wish they would trim the leaves from the big tree that covers the view of Mayon from the hotel, btw we stayed there on May 2014).
I highly recommend this place!

Room tip: Choose the room on the second floor with its own veranda that has a view of Mayon Volcano.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fbaillard, Owner at Balay de la Rama, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thanks a lot for your review. This is very rewarding from us that all your family enjoyed the stay at Balay de la Rama. We wish to see you again in the future. Balay de la Rama your home away from home.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Love the feeling, love the breakfast and love the place. This hotel gives me a homely feeling..it's a family run business so you get to know the owner and his family. Breakfast were fantastic with local dishes. I love the banana fritters..so crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The hotel is very near Mount Mayon, so we save lots of time traveling there. The ATV( 4 wheels mini car) is really exciting and you get them easily arranged through the hotel. It's a must try...!

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank Chinkhee

Thanks for loving Balay de la Rama. It has been a great pleasure to welcome you in Balay. ATV trip is indead very popular among our guests and we totally recommend it to get a closer view to the beauty of Mount Mayon. We hope we can meet again in the near future.
Balay de la Rama your home away from home.