Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Jayne
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom

OK for a 1 night stay!

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 8, 2016
We booked this hotel last minute after reading the review in the Lonely Planet, which described it as 'homey' and a popular hotel.

Certainly wouldn't describe it as homey! We may have just been unlucky, but the rooms are very spartan (which isn't really a problem) but it wasn't very clean, the toilet didn't flush and the plug sockets didn't work. After a few hours, the lights in the room kept flickering on and off! We asked to change room - and got a similar room, but in that one the sink tap in the bathroom didn't work! We moved to a hotel down the road the next day.

It's a bit of a shame really, as the building had a lot of character and was obviously quite grand in it's day. With a little bit of TLC this could be a fabulous hotel.

The view from the communal balcony of Mt Mayon and the location was great though! And the young man on reception was very helpful.

All in all this hotel is fine for a 1 night stay - but the hotel we stayed in the next night was the same price and much nicer.
Date of stay: December 2015
Room Tip: Didn't see any of the other rooms, so can't really comment.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    ₱2,338
  • Agoda.com
1.8 km from Hotel Villa Angelina
Free parking
Landing stair for relaxing. Good spot for wifi
Tripadvisor
₱804
Fully refundable
  • Hotels.com
6.4 km from Hotel Villa Angelina
View more hotels in Legazpi
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2015 via mobile

Visiting the city of legaspi notice a lot of progress like many construction of building in the city such as large malls. But one thing that I notice the villa Angelina hotel also expanded new building annex was been build simple and comfortable to stay beside of good air conditioning, good services and quite at night.well sort of ,cable and wifi is available too.I mean just a straight talk I was not staying in 5 star so I don't expect more.
Below here is the view I can see early in the morning.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank HIMS_12
Reviewed September 10, 2015

everything the hotel is ok. I believe it is a botique hotel. The room has a refrigerator, Airconditioner, and hot/cold shower. But the water stinks and i think it smells like eggs. I believe this is due to the water coming from the volcano and the "sulfur" content. It's not cheap also though

Unique Qualities: we're staying on the 3rd floor. when you checkout the window in the 3rd floor lobby area you have the great view of mount mayon right in front of you

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jimcheng222
Reviewed August 21, 2015

Was not planning on staying in Legazpi, so this was one of those last minute, same day selections. Was pleased to see that the shuttle van was there to pick me up (though this would be an issue the next day when it was time to leave). Seemed sort of an out of the way place (but then, so do a lot of the hotels in the P.I's.) When you walk in and the first thing you see is that spiral staircase, you know it's one of those, "looks like I'm walking" moments. But then you are met with the simple elegance of the parlor/dining area, with plenty of lounges and chairs for one's comfort. Also, for the coffee drinkers, there is the welcoming aroma of coffee brewing in the coffee maker. Your body immediately goes into relax mode. The room was spartan, but utilitarian. with just enough bare bones amenities to get you through a one night stay. Enjoyed having a nice large window in the room. Many places I've stayed, I've been in windowless rooms. This might have been one time when I wish I had a windowless room, as I had to spend most of the night listening to a karaoke machine playing nearby. The bathroom was clean, and, compared to other budget hotels, quite large. The free wifi was constant.

Had some trouble communicating with the young man at the front desk though. He seemed sullen and a little uncooperative. Perhaps it was the language barrier. Who knows, maybe he just didn't like me.. And the lizards on the wall, and the lizard droppings on the window sill didn't do much to endear me to the hotel either. Nor did the time I went downstairs to the front desk and finding no one, going to the staff lounge/work room, and finding it empty too. Not the most reassuring of moments when you can't find an hotel employee when you need one. And as I mentioned earlier, when it was time to head to the airport, to find that the hotel suddenly didn't have a shuttle van was frustrating. But you get what you pay for, so you roll with it and keep on keeping on.

Room tip: Not sure really. I just lucked out, and happened to get a room with a view
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank grusan0
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is smacked right in the middle of Albay in Bicol. It's a few feet away from Albay Church and Peñaranda Park. It's also very close to a police station & tricycle terminal. Don't expect taxis around the city as they are parked mainly at the airport & only mall--- the "Pacific Mall".

A no-frill hotel but very homey. It's clean, well- maintained, with friendly & courteous staff ready to assist you in many ways. On the 3rd floor they have exercise equipment like treadmill and stationary bike which u can readily use. It's directly facing the Mayon Volcano. Then it opens to a balcony area that you can use for early morning coffee or late night drinks while savoring the spectacular view of Mayon. Hora!

The room we got had the necessary amenities like TV, ref, hot and cold shower and toiletries (only soaps and tissue). Lacking in facilities is a phone inside the room. so when you need something you have to take the stairs down to the front desk. No bar or restaurant either. You need to buy your stuff for late night snacks or early morning hot beverage from the nearest convenience store that is about 4 blocks away. But you can request cups, plates & other utensils from the hotel staff. I wonder why on their website there's a feedback 'bout breakfast. Hmmm...and a pool. I practically walked around their property to look for it. Even went to see the annex but non-existent. A staff told that the pool is actually at Villa Angelina Resort Hotel which is an hour away from Legaspi. bummer.

Room tip: request for rooms 301 or 302, 3rd floor for the Mayon view.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JFrancis M
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After looking at several hotels in the city of Legaspi, we decided to try the Hotel Villar Angelina. After reading the more current reviews, and that the hotel was newly renovated and under new
management we felt it was worth the try. Our decision was not wrong. The staff were very courteous, friendly, and the accomodations were very good. The service was exceptional and the meals were well worth the price. The rooms were clean, and the hotel offers wifi, and pickup and transfers from the airport. The city has a wonderful mall, park, and restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Suggest you request the Presidential suite, the minimal cost is worth it. Ask for a room on the opposite side of the street.
Date of stay: June 2013