“Restful Resort where Customers ' Delight is Top Priority!”
Review of Pina Colina Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tagaytay
Pina Colina Resort
Ranked #20 of 104 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2015 via mobile

We've been to accommodations with finer rooms and facilities but all these seem to be secondary when we experienced the value Pina Colina Resort management and staff place on making their guests ' stay an enjoyable one. Our room (Casita 2) aircon broke in the middle of the night and though we just reported and didn't really complain, the ff morning, to our delight, they transferred us to another room (F) and allowed us to stay on until 5 PM at no extra charge plus on check out, they waived our breakfast charges! Staff (Allen, Ana, Raymond ) respond/act promptly on queries/requests and are ready to assist. Plenty of things to do at the resort (quiet time to basketball). Relaxing signature massage c/o Lyn at the spa. Guests have the flexibility to bring in food or order from the Dining Room. Great value for money, too!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank mikoramos

Reviewed April 3, 2015 via mobile

First of, booking for this place is very easy. My boyfriend and I planned to have a weekend relaxation time at Tagaytay but undecided where to stay, I just surf through the internet looking for a place with an affordable price with highly maintained amenities. I saw Piña Colina as one of the top hotels with a good review. I txted their number for an inquiry and after a minute, I received a call from an unknown number not realizing that it is the number I txted. That's how reachable and approchable they are. The lady I spoke with informed me about the differences of their rooms and about the room I am inquiring about. She then told me that if I am interested, I should go to their site and have the room reserved. Their room reservation is only through their website and you could deposit half of the payment through bank. (BDO or BPI) Then the remaining half of the payment would be paid when you get there. I found the reservation so easy and smooth.

To get there, we rode a jeepney from Sta. Rosa Complex to Tagaytay. At tagaytay market, (the jeepney stop) we rode a tricycle to get to Piña Colina and we just paid 50php. It's not too far from the market but their location is on a high place and you really need to ride a tricycle if you don't have a private vehicle.

The staff who welcomed us is corteous and approchable. I settled the remaining half of the payment on the front desk and another staff assisted us to our room.

I was impressed on how spacious our room was. It was like an apartment type. We stayed at studio type room 4. Inside, there was a mini fridge, a table with 2 chairs, a television with cable, room telephone and 2 single beds combined to look like a queen sized bed and underneath the bed is another bed if you have a guest as they require a maximum of 3 persons in their studio type room.

I never felt like we're in a hotel, I mean, it feels like home. I just wish they have mini bar inside the room because their convenience store (as what they call it) only opens until 10 in the evening. We're so dead tired on our trip because we went to people's park and Our Lady of Manaog church first before going there that's why when we took a rest upon arriving and we woke up 2am. Since we forgot to buy food as we thought there was a mini bar there, we just let hours pass by walking around outside 2 in the morning. We also didn't know that the store outside is just open til 10pm. We were not adviced and we forgot to ask. No one to blame though. But that was fine because before we rest that night, I ordered from our room for dinner and they have it delivered to us. We ordered spare ribs covered with honey and sesame seeds, (if I'm not mistaken) and 2 cups of rice for a separate order and 2 sodas in can. They served it in platter. Their viand is good for two and the price is just right for around 250php. The food is average. It might be cooked better though, we are foodies especially my boyfriend. He thought, the spare ribs should be cooked for a longer time. We had a hard time eating it because it is too rubbery (if I used the right term). Anyways, overall it is good and it's delicious.

Outside, they have an activity field. They have a basketball court, play ground for kids and those who are kids at heart like me, there's a swing and a seesaw. There's also a trampoline. I enjoyed there, I forgot the busy week at work even for a day.

It feels like we stayed there for a week even it is just for a night. This is a must visit place. We'll bring our friends there for sure and recommend it as well.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank marikitxx
Reviewed March 9, 2015

I truly appreciate the service they have provided. We stayed there last year around October. However we encountered some major problems.
Problems encountered:
1. Poor cable connection :(
2. Aircon kept producing ice therefore no coldness coming from the unit
3. Poor bed. We stayed there for 3 days if I'm not mistaken. Our body hurt after every sleep. Quite disappointing on that part especially their rate isn't that cheap.
4. Cold swimming pool in Tagaytay which makes it not a suitable pool to stay in.
5. Weak Internet connection. Had to stay outside the room to get connected.
Good points
1. Awesome customer service from all the staff.
2. Very flexible staff.
3. Clean rooms.
4. Clean surroundings.
5. Delicious food. Pakbet is the best! Also, when we complained about our order (grilled liempo) they replaced it with a new order without complaining.

*If it's just an overnight sleep with huge friends it's very ideal as the location will give you a serene environment. Just don't expect the place to be quiet when big groups arrives. They will make a lot of noise which will be very disturbing and will not allow you to sleep as the place isn't sound proof.

I hope this helps you decide.

Room Tip: They've got wide variety of rooms to choose from. I can't really suggest cause we didn't...
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mary Anne d
Reviewed February 4, 2015

I think that it's a bit more for the locals and they will appreciate it more than tourists would. It's 10 mins from the main area of Tagaytay, so no view of the Lake or Volcano other than the countryside.

On the plus side:
Refs in the rooms,
Message Spa, and
cable TV.

On the improvement list,
WiFi is limited to just their dining room and some nipa huts which is a ways from everything else, including your room.
The package meals of local cuisine for that area would be better meals and could be a signature highlight of the stay.
P1000 for a Jacuzzi is a bit steep
For whatever reason the Transportation service took one van from Ortigas thru Aguinaldo Hwy and although they left much earlier they arrived almost an hour later. The other van took SLEX.

Room Tip: Some Quadrilles and the Casita are very nice. Some rooms are suites with 2 bedrooms and a common ar...
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled on business
4  Thank billjonna
Reviewed December 17, 2014

Stayed here for our company team building.

LOCATION:
If you like being at the heart of Tagaytay, i.e. near commercial establishments with a majestic view of Taal Lake, then Piña Colina is NOT the place for you. So maybe their location is one of the reasons why they have competitive prices, no? Our company availed of their BGC-Piña Colina-BGC transfers to avoid confusion for directionally challenged human beings. They have nice Toyota Grandia vans and their drivers were careful so we didn't encounter any problems going there.

ROOMS:
The log cabin was my accommodation of choice but since it’s not my money we’re spending here, I didn't have a say as to where we're staying. Getting the Premiere Studio didn't turn out to be that bad. The 30-sqm A/C unit has 4 single beds, bath w/ hot & cold shower, LED TV w/ cable, personal fridge, electric kettle, table & chairs.

Our company rented the whole block of studio rooms and assigned 3 people per room. Very spacious! The room, though, was far from the fancy villas or quaint B&Bs that I usually think of when I hear the word ‘Tagaytay.’ It’s very basic but clean. Decent enough for a good night's sleep.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the weak water pressure in the bathroom. It was dang hard to take a shower! Imagine rinsing your shampooed hair with light rain. It was probably because everyone was taking a bath all at the same time but still, they should have anticipated it for block reservations.

FUNCTION HALL:
It felt so stuffy inside. Maybe it was because of the low ceiling. Or the dark table covers. Or the gloomy curtains that adorned the windows. The function hall really did look like it needed some makeover to keep up with the times.

GROUNDS:
If you're organizing a company team building ala Amazing Race, then you should look further. Pina Colina's open grounds are only about 300 to 400 sqm, just enough for a group of 60-70 people doing minor physical activities. No hardcore running whatsoever. They have an obstacle course but we weren't able to utilize it, unfortunately.

FOOD:
Food was a major letdown. Barely edible, to be honest.

OTHER AMENITIES:
They have a pool under the cafeteria (which totally weirded me out) and an elevated jacuzzi but nobody tried either of the two. Maybe because after a hard day's work, we'd rather spend our evening relaxing, singing, and chatting over bottles of beer and loads of junk food.

So! Overall, Piña Colina was okay. The rooms were clean and livable, and our small group was able to work out the activities on the open grounds. They should, however, improve the function hall and the food.

Do I recommend it? Well, if you're a small group and working with a tight budget, you may consider Piña Colina. Otherwise, there are better options out there.

Room Tip: The log cabins seem cool
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends