Pina Colina Resort
Nurture Wellness Village(Tagaytay)
US$87
US$74
  • Breakfast included
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$35
Agoda.com
Potter's Ridge Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
US$50
TravelBook.ph
Hotel Dominique(Tagaytay)
US$51
TravelBook.ph
All reviewscooking utensilsspa areadining areabasketball courtpine treescable tvfunction roomcasitajacuzzipaxtricycleplaygroundvideokemassageresto
Reviewed 9 March 2015

I truly appreciate the service they have provided. We stayed there last year around October. However we encountered some major problems.
Problems encountered:
1. Poor cable connection :(
2. Aircon kept producing ice therefore no coldness coming from the unit
3. Poor bed. We stayed there for 3 days if I'm not mistaken. Our body hurt after every sleep. Quite disappointing on that part especially their rate isn't that cheap.
4. Cold swimming pool in Tagaytay which makes it not a suitable pool to stay in.
5. Weak Internet connection. Had to stay outside the room to get connected.
Good points
1. Awesome customer service from all the staff.
2. Very flexible staff.
3. Clean rooms.
4. Clean surroundings.
5. Delicious food. Pakbet is the best! Also, when we complained about our order (grilled liempo) they replaced it with a new order without complaining.

*If it's just an overnight sleep with huge friends it's very ideal as the location will give you a serene environment. Just don't expect the place to be quiet when big groups arrives. They will make a lot of noise which will be very disturbing and will not allow you to sleep as the place isn't sound proof.

I hope this helps you decide.

Room Tip: They've got wide variety of rooms to choose from. I can't really suggest cause we didn't get a good one. Although their facade is really appealing.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mary Anne d
Reviewed 4 February 2015

I think that it's a bit more for the locals and they will appreciate it more than tourists would. It's 10 mins from the main area of Tagaytay, so no view of the Lake or Volcano other than the countryside.

On the plus side:
Refs in the rooms,
Message Spa, and
cable TV.

On the improvement list,
WiFi is limited to just their dining room and some nipa huts which is a ways from everything else, including your room.
The package meals of local cuisine for that area would be better meals and could be a signature highlight of the stay.
P1000 for a Jacuzzi is a bit steep
For whatever reason the Transportation service took one van from Ortigas thru Aguinaldo Hwy and although they left much earlier they arrived almost an hour later. The other van took SLEX.

Room Tip: Some Quadrilles and the Casita are very nice. Some rooms are suites with 2 bedrooms and a common area with a cook plate. They have a few BBQs around to cook steaks. It's sometimes very cold and windy so bring a jacket and maybe an extra blanket.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled on business
4  Thank billjonna
Reviewed 17 December 2014

Stayed here for our company team building.

LOCATION:
If you like being at the heart of Tagaytay, i.e. near commercial establishments with a majestic view of Taal Lake, then Piña Colina is NOT the place for you. So maybe their location is one of the reasons why they have competitive prices, no? Our company availed of their BGC-Piña Colina-BGC transfers to avoid confusion for directionally challenged human beings. They have nice Toyota Grandia vans and their drivers were careful so we didn't encounter any problems going there.

ROOMS:
The log cabin was my accommodation of choice but since it’s not my money we’re spending here, I didn't have a say as to where we're staying. Getting the Premiere Studio didn't turn out to be that bad. The 30-sqm A/C unit has 4 single beds, bath w/ hot & cold shower, LED TV w/ cable, personal fridge, electric kettle, table & chairs.

Our company rented the whole block of studio rooms and assigned 3 people per room. Very spacious! The room, though, was far from the fancy villas or quaint B&Bs that I usually think of when I hear the word ‘Tagaytay.’ It’s very basic but clean. Decent enough for a good night's sleep.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the weak water pressure in the bathroom. It was dang hard to take a shower! Imagine rinsing your shampooed hair with light rain. It was probably because everyone was taking a bath all at the same time but still, they should have anticipated it for block reservations.

FUNCTION HALL:
It felt so stuffy inside. Maybe it was because of the low ceiling. Or the dark table covers. Or the gloomy curtains that adorned the windows. The function hall really did look like it needed some makeover to keep up with the times.

GROUNDS:
If you're organizing a company team building ala Amazing Race, then you should look further. Pina Colina's open grounds are only about 300 to 400 sqm, just enough for a group of 60-70 people doing minor physical activities. No hardcore running whatsoever. They have an obstacle course but we weren't able to utilize it, unfortunately.

FOOD:
Food was a major letdown. Barely edible, to be honest.

OTHER AMENITIES:
They have a pool under the cafeteria (which totally weirded me out) and an elevated jacuzzi but nobody tried either of the two. Maybe because after a hard day's work, we'd rather spend our evening relaxing, singing, and chatting over bottles of beer and loads of junk food.

So! Overall, Piña Colina was okay. The rooms were clean and livable, and our small group was able to work out the activities on the open grounds. They should, however, improve the function hall and the food.

Do I recommend it? Well, if you're a small group and working with a tight budget, you may consider Piña Colina. Otherwise, there are better options out there.

Room Tip: The log cabins seem cool
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank trialala
Reviewed 12 December 2014

Best budget-friendly hotel in Tagaytay. 1
Accommodating staff. Very good rooms. Best place to really unwind and have a peace of mind... will go back, definitely..but i will try the other rooms! Brilliant!

Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phau G
Reviewed 21 October 2014

I have searched high and low for an accommodation that will fit my budget, has a relaxing ambiance and family-friendly. I was so lucky to have found this resort!

Here's what I love about them.

1. Reservation transaction was very smooth, thanks to the very accommodating staff.

2. When we got there my family already love the place just by looking at the facade. We rented the Casitas and boy we didn't expect it to be that lovely. The rooms were great, clean and beds are very comfortable (love it!) oh and I also love the furnitures :)

3. The Villas are in a separate compound from the pool, dining and function area which is great because that way the serenity of the place is maintained, no noise or destruction from your relaxation.

4. My kids enjoyed the playground

5. I had my massage, one of the best massages i had in years! thanks to their courteous and well trained therapists.

6. The garden is well maintained, bravo to those hard working staff!

My family and I celebrated my birthday here, and i tell you we will definitely be back here, and I'm bringing my relatives and friends as we found our new home in Tagaytay.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family