Taal Vista Hotel
Daj Suites(Tagaytay)
US$39
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
US$44
Good 3.5/5
US$68
US$57
1,239 results
All reviewslake wingcafe verandanew wingbreakfast buffetsm advantage cardgreat viewpremier roomamusement parkduty managerview decktagaytay citybooked roomschecking inlobby areahot chocolatevisit tagaytaysized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2017

A 5-Star Hotel of quite expensive rate but serves food not commensurate with that you had to pay. Being an epicurean, I was expecting to have a grandiouse time with my pallate but instead I ended up cursing... The brewed coffee was luckluster and I did not smell the aroma; their breakfast is I thinkma 555 sardines, and their alidongdong, the worst... i was also looking for a wheat bread, but what they served was pandesal, cupcake, croisant... my goshhhhh this hotel is a far cry from my other experiences. It's sad but their only spectacle here is the Taal Lake and Volcano. POSITIVE SIDE: The staff was courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Get the room facing the Taal Lake and Volcano
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Rorie Y, Hotel Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear GerrySingson,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve the quality of our services. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your visit. Rest assure that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Please allow us to serve you again. Please contact me directly for your next visit and I will personally ensure that you are accorded the true Taal Vista Hotel experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Its been a couple of years since our last stay at taal vista, and there is a lot that is still really great here. The rooms, the view of taal, service are still some of the best in tagaytay but... breakfast still and always has underwhelmed in taste and flavor. The veranda area looks different now but still if i had a choice id walk out and eat breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Arce V
Rorie Y, Hotel Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Dear Arce V,

Thank you very much for your review and your recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback about our room, view and service are very much appreciated.

We have taken note of your comment about the our breakfast, rest assured that all of these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel, great food and great service. Perfect for families. Excellent view too. Location is a little off from the main district of shops.

The rooms are a little rundown but everything functional.

Can't go wrong with this place.

Pictures are from the hotel observation deck.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear raoflatiff,

Thank you for choosing Taal Vista Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our hotel is very much appreciated.

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

CONS
1. Service really needs improvement.

a. We brought 3 kids with us for the breakfast buffet. I really didn't like that we were asked to pay for the additional fee WHILE we were eating. I asked them if it the payment must be done immediately. Could it not wait after we eat? They told me "im sorry mam there are many charges." We really feel agitated because even in restaurants we are allowed to finish our food first. What if i didn't bring my wallet. As a hotel could you just not tag it on our rooms? Could you just not ask us to sign the waiver instead? Its not like we will be running away without paying.

b. For dinner they asked to us pay again AS SOON AS the food was delivered for room service. Unbelievable!!!! The rice wasn't even cold yet and they were already insisting for the payment. I don't understand why we have to pay immediately. Its supposed to be a hotel. You are supposed to charge everything on checkout. I should have just called delivery from outside instead.

c. We booked for 2 rooms adjoining rooms 226 and 227. On our last day, we were already packing and two of our family members were not feeling well so we requested for a room service instead. They don't have breakfast room service. They said its unless that the guest are senior citizen or disabled.

Is this a 4 star hotel? Some 2-3 star hotel would even offer a set pack away food for guest who are unable to join the breakfast.

2. We came back from eating and swimming makeup room is not yet done (3pm)

3. Calling the operating room takes minutes before being answered.

Good: well maintained garden and swimming pool. Perfect for kids 4 years old and above.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Reina S
Rorie Y, Hotel Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear Ms. Reina,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve the quality of our services. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate mishaps that you experienced during your visit. Rest assure that were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Please contact our Front Office Manager, Mr. Raffy Vigal at rafael.vigal@taalvistahotel.com for your next visit and we will personally ensure that you are accorded the true Taal Vista Hotel experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2017

I've stayed a few times at this hotel in the past, and it was always nice, but the service and standards have dropped significantly. I stayed when hotel was only at 60% capacity, asked for a 'room with a view please', and was given a room in the 'Lake Wing" with only a concrete wall to see, cold water and poor water pressure, internet that didn't work, and a TV with a busted remote. 4 stars ??
The buffet is amazing, but the restaurant was like a tomb as it was totally empty, probably because everybody thought it was too much $$, and ate out. By contrast, breakfast (free) was PACKED out.
All the restaurant food is awesome, and the view if you have it, is fantastic. .
Since dinner is a buffet, management need to get clever and offer their view rooms only with a dinner package to ensure people who spend the money get the benefits of the better rooms. That would fill the restaurant again.
I doubt i will go back again after my latest experience - .
I think Discovery Country Suites absolutely blows Taal Vista away - And where else can you walk next door and enjoy starbucks in a volcano ??

Room Tip: Be very clear in what you actually pay for, as all online sites are extremely misleading. The word 'View' is used very liberally
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Rorie Y, Hotel Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear Dan B,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Please allow us to serve you again. Please contact me directly at for your next visit and I will personally ensure that you are accorded the true Taal Vista Hotel experience.