“This was just about as good as it gets!”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed April 27, 2017

Taal Vista Hotel was a pleasurable experience. We stayed in a 3 room suite with 3 balconies for about $300 (US). The view of the lake and Taal volcano is breathtaking and priceless. Just steps away you can go ziplining or go to the casino.

I thoroughly enjoyed the two breakfast buffets downstairs, particularly the outdoor buffet, both which come with your stay! In the US, this would have already cost us at least half the price of our stay!

We also ordered in room $25(US) massages for 1.5 hours which were heavenly.

This was just about as good as it gets!

3  Thank P G
Rorie Y, Hotel Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Dear P G,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our excellent breakfast buffet is very much appreciated.

Rorie Ylagan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Be careful when booking a room in the Lake wing. This DOES NOT mean you get a lake view. For that, you will have to pay a surcharge. We paid an extra PHP2000 a night, and got a great view. This also included complimentary non-alcoholic drinks from the minibar , but only once. The minibar was not restocked at all. We stayed there 3 nights!!

Rooms are basically clean, although there was dust on the lampshade.
The wall of the bathroom looked very shabby from the paint of the sliding door.

Service was fantastic, food was very good. Staff were amazing - but then, all Filipinos are very polite and helpful.

Having said all the above, i would certainly stay there again !!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Faye B

Dear Faye B,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our food and quick service is very much appreciated.

We have taken note of your comment about the minibar, rest assured that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

We checked in Taal Vista Hotel for a night in April 2017 to celebrate my son's birthday. We availed of the weekday promo rate and it was a good deal for a 2room suite plus breakfast for 4! Only downside is our room didn't have a view of Taal Lake - you'll have to pay an extra 50% for that.

As soon as I booked, I received an email from the staff inquiring if I'm celebrating any special occasion and I readily told him about my son's birthday.

When we checked in, it was a sweet surprise to see them lay out cookies and cakes for him! Later in the day they even served an additional small cake

From the Manager to the reception staff to the wait staff, everyone was so thoughtful and accommodating! The only exception was the trainee waiters who were not too attentive. I wish they'd train them better before allowing them to serve

All in all, exceptional experience! We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Cris A

Dear Cris A,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our thoughtful staffs are very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

It was my first time to stay in Taal Vista and I'm definitely going back! The trip wasn't really planned so I was worried that we won't be able to get a room that weekend. But my friend assured me that it's almost impossible for them not accommodate us - I now know what she meant by that. The hotel was big! It took me few minutes to walk from the lobby to my room. The room was tidy when I got there. It Smelled good. Everything was working perfectly. I also enjoyed using their bathroom. The view was breathtaking!! I did try their buffet. It was good except for the chocolate drink they served me. I didn't roam around that much so I'm not sure if there's any adult pool available. It was a struggle to smoke since the smoking area was a long walk from my room - I wasn't exaggerating when I told you the hotel was big. The room service was also friendly and accommodating. I normally don't like bellboys but theirs was really charming. They're worth tipping. :D

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the Taal :D

Dear Bobby king r,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding the view from our hotel is very much appreciated.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel!

Reviewed April 19, 2017

We were told that its not safe to go to Tagaytay because of the recent earthquake events. Anyway, we didn't cancel our booking in the hotel. Taal Vista has a good reputation for its Filipino hospitality and its location.

It's been ten years since our last stay and the charm didn't change - although I must say some improvements need to be completed. One of the rooms we booked has a sink plastered that looks like a jelly fish, its telly/tv loses its sound after 10 minutes of opening, the requested bottled water didn't arrive until we just decided to buy groceries outside the hotel, etc.

The positive side with the hotel is the cheerful and accommodating front desk. I would like to commend Sheena and Kevina who patiently assisted us in arranging our rooms. They also gave us complimentary early and late checkout aside from the welcome drinks. There are also great singers at the hotel lobby. We listened to their music one evening night.

You do not need to go outside the hotel if you would like to go the Skyranch at a discounted rate. The Taal Volcano and Lake View is fascinating. I think the hotel grounds is one of the best places for family pictures.

If your family is on a tight budget, there are alot of affordable dining places near the hotel.

In terms of relaxation, the asmara spa should not be ignored. It may be expensive compared to local hilot but the experience of having the massage in your room is perfect.

We were lucky enough to see some Filipino celebrities and TV crew staff in the ballroom. So there you go, that's our bonus.

We will visit this hotel soon and we do hope some improvements can be made related to our experience.

Room Tip: If you would like a bath tub, ask front desk before booking. Do not assume that all rooms have bath...

Dear WorkingmuminEngland,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback about our cheerful staffs are very much appreciated.

We have taken note of your comment about the improvements needed regarding the rooms, rest assured that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.