1,313 results
All reviewslake wingcafe verandanew wingbreakfast buffetlobby loungegreat viewpremier roomamusement parkduty managerview decktagaytay citybooked roomschecking inhot chocolatevisit tagaytaysized bedan overnight stay
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Be careful when booking a room in the Lake wing. This DOES NOT mean you get a lake view. For that, you will have to pay a surcharge. We paid an extra PHP2000 a night, and got a great view. This also included complimentary non-alcoholic drinks from the minibar , but only once. The minibar was not restocked at all. We stayed there 3 nights!!

Rooms are basically clean, although there was dust on the lampshade.
The wall of the bathroom looked very shabby from the paint of the sliding door.

Service was fantastic, food was very good. Staff were amazing - but then, all Filipinos are very polite and helpful.

Having said all the above, i would certainly stay there again !!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Faye B
Rorie Y, Hotel Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Faye B,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our food and quick service is very much appreciated.

We have taken note of your comment about the minibar, rest assured that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We checked in Taal Vista Hotel for a night in April 2017 to celebrate my son's birthday. We availed of the weekday promo rate and it was a good deal for a 2room suite plus breakfast for 4! Only downside is our room didn't have a view of Taal Lake - you'll have to pay an extra 50% for that.

As soon as I booked, I received an email from the staff inquiring if I'm celebrating any special occasion and I readily told him about my son's birthday.

When we checked in, it was a sweet surprise to see them lay out cookies and cakes for him! Later in the day they even served an additional small cake

From the Manager to the reception staff to the wait staff, everyone was so thoughtful and accommodating! The only exception was the trainee waiters who were not too attentive. I wish they'd train them better before allowing them to serve

All in all, exceptional experience! We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Cris A

Dear Cris A,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our thoughtful staffs are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

It was my first time to stay in Taal Vista and I'm definitely going back! The trip wasn't really planned so I was worried that we won't be able to get a room that weekend. But my friend assured me that it's almost impossible for them not accommodate us - I now know what she meant by that. The hotel was big! It took me few minutes to walk from the lobby to my room. The room was tidy when I got there. It Smelled good. Everything was working perfectly. I also enjoyed using their bathroom. The view was breathtaking!! I did try their buffet. It was good except for the chocolate drink they served me. I didn't roam around that much so I'm not sure if there's any adult pool available. It was a struggle to smoke since the smoking area was a long walk from my room - I wasn't exaggerating when I told you the hotel was big. The room service was also friendly and accommodating. I normally don't like bellboys but theirs was really charming. They're worth tipping. :D

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the Taal :D
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear Bobby king r,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding the view from our hotel is very much appreciated.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We were told that its not safe to go to Tagaytay because of the recent earthquake events. Anyway, we didn't cancel our booking in the hotel. Taal Vista has a good reputation for its Filipino hospitality and its location.

It's been ten years since our last stay and the charm didn't change - although I must say some improvements need to be completed. One of the rooms we booked has a sink plastered that looks like a jelly fish, its telly/tv loses its sound after 10 minutes of opening, the requested bottled water didn't arrive until we just decided to buy groceries outside the hotel, etc.

The positive side with the hotel is the cheerful and accommodating front desk. I would like to commend Sheena and Kevina who patiently assisted us in arranging our rooms. They also gave us complimentary early and late checkout aside from the welcome drinks. There are also great singers at the hotel lobby. We listened to their music one evening night.

You do not need to go outside the hotel if you would like to go the Skyranch at a discounted rate. The Taal Volcano and Lake View is fascinating. I think the hotel grounds is one of the best places for family pictures.

If your family is on a tight budget, there are alot of affordable dining places near the hotel.

In terms of relaxation, the asmara spa should not be ignored. It may be expensive compared to local hilot but the experience of having the massage in your room is perfect.

We were lucky enough to see some Filipino celebrities and TV crew staff in the ballroom. So there you go, that's our bonus.

We will visit this hotel soon and we do hope some improvements can be made related to our experience.

Room Tip: If you would like a bath tub, ask front desk before booking. Do not assume that all rooms have bath tubs.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear WorkingmuminEngland,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback about our cheerful staffs are very much appreciated.

We have taken note of your comment about the improvements needed regarding the rooms, rest assured that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Bed Underpad stained with yellow thing, its like someone peed on it and other parts like someone stepped on it with dirty shoes .
It only means that they didnt change the beddings!!!

Complimentary fruits , with MOLDS!!!!

Amazing huh!!

You came here to relax and thats what you get

WOW!!!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank jtj_888
Rorie Y, Hotel Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Ms. Tan,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

I would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Rest assure that this has been addressed the departments and staff involved.

Please allow us to serve you again so we can show and accord the true Taal Vista Hotel service. I would like to invite you for a complimentary overnight stay with us. Please contact Louise Sison at 09175575061, our Executive Assistant,
so we can personally make the arrangements for you.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Ruth Marie “Rorie” Ylagan